Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

T/C Omega

Baerman

I drew a NM ML tag this year and have never hunted with one or own one. As I'm looking into purchasing one, the TC Omega seems like a solid ML however I know it's not legal in Idaho, my resident state. Without digging into regs can some of you tell me other western states that this ML is legal or not legal in? I'd really like to maximize my opportunity in NM but would like to know I can apply for similar hunts in other states and use the same ML.

TC's don't shoot big heavy conicals well. Although most shoot them into 6-8" groups at 100 yards if that's ok with you. Personally I'm into shooting the biggest piece of lead I can get stuffed down the thing, and don't want to limit my hunts on a rifles capability.

I like Knight rifles, but its all personal preference really, there seems to be a pile of rifles out there that work just fine. I don't think I'd buy a rifle that I couldn't use in my home state though. Don't believe everything you see on TV and don't get hung up on TC just because every bubba on TV shoots one. TC has the best marketing out there :)

Baerman, Anything that uses a 209 primer is illegal in Idaho. No scopes, no pelletized powders, and no sabots are allowed. It must also be equipped with an exposed cap when the rifle is cocked and ready to fire. So it basically needs a hammer. And bullets have to all lead conical or round. Look at Traditions, Knight or CVA. I've got a Traditons Hawken that is legal for Idaho. Look online at Sportman's Guide they have a nice selection and the price is right. You can buy ML's oneline without a dealer.

break open muzzle type illegal for oregon too,also 209 primer or scopes,,,ive got a lyman great plains hunter .54 ,,,good for most anywhere.

I killed the biggest buck of my life with a TC Omega in 2003 in Kansas. However with all the new break open style guns out now I switched. The Omega shoots great but is hard to prime with gloves on. Particularly getting under the scope and priming it with a 209 is tough. That the only thing wrong with them though.

The Omega is good to go in Utah, just can not have magnifying optics... iron sights, fiber optics, coke bottle/single power scope, non magnfying red dot or holographic....my favorite are acceptable. You can use powder or pellets.... though there has been discussion on BH209 not being acceptable as a powder.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back