Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

T/C Encore Rifle Shooters...

Love my T/C's

I have 2 Pro Hunters and an Encore. I am a huge fan of the Flex Tech stock, really seems to cut down on recoil. Just purchased a 45-70 Katahdin BBL. Shot it 9 Times and decided I did not like it. If any one is interested I am willing to trade for any Stainless Prohunter Centerfire Pro Hunter BBL other than .243 or 7 Mag. I will throw in the rest of the box of shells as well.

Have a 270 Win ProHunter that will shoot with any of the other queens in the safe...even with it's horrible trigger. Ugly sumbish but it works.

I have an Encore Endeavor ML. Great shooting gun. It is ugly as sin though. I have shot several whitetails with it here in MN, and I think it might be heading to MT next spring for bears.

I have an Encore with MLoader barrel. Upgraded to the pro hunter stock and its much more enjoyable to shoot. Going to dial in a new Leupold vx3 2.5x8 on it soon. The one rifle I have shot at most deer with as here in my county once rifle season comes in all the deer vanish.

Mine is a .308 with the stainless barrel, topped with a Simmons Aetec, and in Real Tree Advantage camo. I've killed every animal I've shot at with it, and dropped them all with one shot. Seven deer, all with neck shots at 100 yards or less, a couple of 'yotes, two fox, and two bobcats. My Encore has become my go to rifle, and I even opt to carry it, instead of my all time favorite Ruger Mod. 77 .308.

I bought the encore originally for the muzzleloader but have since owned many many barrels for it. Match Grade Machine is a custom barrel maker for the encore and contender frames with tons of calibers that are hard to get in a bolt action rifle. Since MGM is located in my home town I've been lucky or misfortunate to be able to have them at my fingertips. The best thing I like about the encore is its light weight while equipped with a 28" bull barrel. I've had the trigger worked on and use an adjustable hing pin. It's pretty accurate.

My favorite barrel is the 7mm with MGM's awesome muzzle break. I have a custom elevation turret matched to my cartridge. My friend shot his NV elk with it this year at 580 yards. I shot my WY antelope at 420 yards and I shot my elk at 250 yards using the .54 caliber barrel. Is it as accurate? Yes. As my Sendero? No. But I like knowing I have one shot, so make it count.

MGM says the most accurate caliber in the encore is the 6mm-284. Haven't bought one yet but thinking about it.

I bought my Encore as a muzzleloader. Later I bought a 308 barrel and a 20 ga. I also bought a youth butt stock and my son took a javelina with the 308 and Hawaiian Boar and antelope in WY have succumbed to the 308.

270 Win

photo-12.jpg

Ugliest best shooter in the vault...3 shots below case...130 BT's
IMG-20120401-00161.jpg

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back