Suppressor

What was a gamechanger about it?
Recoil is great but not as good as a break. But the sound reduction is like wearing a set of ear plugs. When shooting in groups or teams you can talk in normal voices or whispers with out needing to yell cause of ear pro. With kids hunting it’s amazing. Quiet. Not the exponentially high ( or logarithmic increase in sound not sure which) report with a break. Animals also react differently to the shot then with out a can.

I’m with everyone else who says they won’t shoot unsuppressed again. At the range when someone doesn’t have a suppressor it reminds me of how great they really are.

I really hope we are eventually able to use suppressors in Canada, hoping after the election they get on that. Seems like so many benefits

I received notice yesterday that my banish backcountry was approved. Excited to try it on my braked WSM. I expect to shoot a bit more because of it.

I'm going back and forth on if I want to enter the suppressor world. My hunting rifles have 24" inch barrels and I don't like the idea of going much longer. I've never shot suppressed, but everyone I know who has says its a total game changer. Maybe it's an excuse to get a new rifle with a short barrel...

I went from 26 and 5 port brake to 24 and a 9" entice Lti. Never "crawled thru brush" in the last 50 years so the length is a non issue for me. Suppressed beats the hell out of a magnum and 5 port brake, every single day.

My rmef banish 22 arrived today. I submitted firstish of December. Now just waiting for my back country for the wsm.
It was a two for one sale in November ifn anyone wants to wait for a deal.
Will report how the .22 works on the keystone overlander.
Otherwise I might look for a suppressor ready .22 pistol.

I'm going back and forth on if I want to enter the suppressor world. My hunting rifles have 24" inch barrels and I don't like the idea of going much longer. I've never shot suppressed, but everyone I know who has says its a total game changer. Maybe it's an excuse to get a new rifle with a short barrel...

So chop them off and have them threaded

I was there too, had Paul cut and thread rifles. You won’t regret it, it makes it so much better.

I noticed a pretty good reduction in recoil after adding a suppressor to my 6.5prc. I’d say it kicks similar to my kids youth 243 now, maybe a bit less even.

I have a Q Thunder Chicken that I swap on multiple rifles and a TBAC Magnus in jail as I type this. They make such a difference.

Both drop the sound on my .308 down into hearing safe category - which is what I was looking for, especially for hunting.

Pre suppressor in my life, I never enjoyed going through boxes at the range "just for fun and practice". Suppressor in my life now and the only thing stopping me from shooting my .308 daily is the cost of ammo. I still shoot about a box every 1-2 weeks.

Is there any backcountry hunting suppressor that's come out clearly better than others? I don't know whether to get a Banish Backcountry, a Scythe TI, or a Nosler K-can. They all seem pretty interchangeable to me just looking on the internet and having never shot suppressed before

Is there any backcountry hunting suppressor that's come out clearly better than others? I don't know whether to get a Banish Backcountry, a Scythe TI, or a Nosler K-can. They all seem pretty interchangeable to me just looking on the internet and having never shot suppressed before

For backcountry hunting I’d look for the shortest suppressor out of those three. I only have experience with the banish backcountry. Less to hang up on when walking in the dark. For me I go short because I use a kifaru gunbearer and long barrels get in the way of my headlamp

I really hope we are eventually able to use suppressors in Canada, hoping after the election they get on that. Seems like so many benefits
Per your comment on another post, living in the States IS fun. This is coming from a former Albertan turned American. I hope you get suppressor rights with Pierre, especially since I hate leaving it at home and coming back to Southern Alberta to hunt. :LOL:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back