Caribou Gear

Suppressor

I saw a can at the local gun store yesterday that the threads started 1/2 way inside the can. 1/2 can was in front of barrel- 1/2 can extended back down the barrel towards the shooter.
I have wondered in the past why that hadn’t been done. It was in .25 cal so I didn’t spend much time checking it out.

Anyone know the name? Pros and cons?

Amtac maybe?

That is a legacy suppressor design, several companies made them, they are typically associated with military use. Ops Inc and Allen Engineering are probably the best known, its usually called an over the barrel design. Amtac makes them now as does Griffin and numerous other boutique builders. The design had a place back in the day, some were used in Vietnam, but its not as efficient as modern designs. They are bulky and heavy compared to the best designs in use today.

I have a Gemtech Tracker that is perfect for shooting out of stands/blinds or when little walking/stalking is needed. It does an excellent job of noise and recoil reduction.
I have a Dead Air Nomad-Ti for stalking that is lighter and shorter than the Tracker. It spends most of it's time on my SBR 300BLK but is great for hunting too.
Both are direct thread to save weight.

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back