Caribou Gear Tarp

Sunday Pic of the Day

Those biscuits look delicious!

Gotta say though, contrary to popular belief aluminum cans and glass bottles are not biodegradable ... no matter how long in the firepit.
However, bushwhacking in the Bob Marshall Wilderness recently in search of the lost "infrequently maintained" trail, we were delighted to discover an old rusted food tin can, so knew we were close to a trail!

Those biscuits look delicious!

Gotta say though, contrary to popular belief aluminum cans and glass bottles are not biodegradable ... no matter how long in the firepit.
However, bushwhacking in the Bob Marshall Wilderness recently in search of the lost "infrequently maintained" trail, we were delighted to discover an old rusted food tin can, so knew we were close to a trail!
After 2 weeks in duck camp we pack out whatever is left in the fire pit...

Ben, kick wheel or electric? Would love to see more studio shots and some finished wares!

I went whole hog & picked up a Brent EX wheel. It's a beast. I am currently set up in the garage, which is nice & heated for the winter but will be building a studio in the pole barn this winter. Our barn has 2 stalls and a tack room which are just being used for storage at the moment, so I'm going to finish those off and have a good sized space and reclaim the garage for other uses. Have enough firebrick to build a small gas-wood hybrid kiln, so that's likely going to be the spring project so I can move back up to cone 10 firing and get away from cone 6. Glaze chemicals for mid-fire have negated any cost savings in terms of firing so I'm going back to reduction with ash, shinos, temmokus & chuns.

1693928141372.png

I went whole hog & picked up a Brent EX wheel. It's a beast. I am currently set up in the garage, which is nice & heated for the winter but will be building a studio in the pole barn this winter. Our barn has 2 stalls and a tack room which are just being used for storage at the moment, so I'm going to finish those off and have a good sized space and reclaim the garage for other uses. Have enough firebrick to build a small gas-wood hybrid kiln, so that's likely going to be the spring project so I can move back up to cone 10 firing and get away from cone 6. Glaze chemicals for mid-fire have negated any cost savings in terms of firing so I'm going back to reduction with ash, shinos, temmokus & chuns.

View attachment 290857
Fond memories of my potter days.
Cool.

Are you speaking some foreign language here Ben? I feel like I just read another @DouglasR post.

1693944850754.jpeg

This is pretty amazing...

Vermont has designated camp sites on islands accessible by boat (or paddle) within Champlain Lake.
Water gently clapping the shoreline... I think I may sit on my figurative "dock on the bay, wasting time, ohhh-oh-oh"

Wife and I are relaxing for a simple one night stay. We'll boat over to one of the marina restaurants or maybe, to hell with it... We have marshmallows, graham crackers, and Reese's...

Thanks to all for the assist for our boat selection. THIS is relaxing!

View attachment 289613

View attachment 289616

View attachment 289614

View attachment 289615
If you like island campsites you should check out voyageurs National park.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back