Sunday Pic of the Day

Had a thrower on the baler but yah put it all on the barn by hand. That was my side hobby when I was 18 to around 27. What an idiot.
We were small scale New England. Snatch them off the ground and throw them on a 2 ton flatbed, then shuttle in to the barn to stack.
The barn was a 200 year old post and beam about three stories tall. Great hide aways up in those hay stakes for the random frolic. Maybe that is what I remember liking about the whole process.🤔

May not look like much of a picture to most folk, but a loft full of hay means a weekend well spent and a lot of sleepless nights averted.
View attachment 226785

It also means my arms get a bit ripped up, but a lot better than last night.View attachment 226786
Great Father’s Day here as well. Me my son and another helper pounded out 900 bales today.finally getting some hay weather.got more laying for tomorrow and then wait before cutting more as the rain moves back in

52158866248_b584c4a07a_4k.jpg

Looks like Oscar (Moosie) sneaking up on a candy bar in T-Bones camp!

i just keep breaking my own rules and randy's own rules. i can't seem to stop. i (literally) keep diggin myself deeper. i haven't done anything besides working on my backyard landscaping with every spare hour for nearly 3-4 weeks straight now (i've hardly had any spare hours to begin with). i finish sprinkler system, and edging, and rock, nearly ready for grass and path building, BUT then i go and say "hey i've got an idea, let's put a goddamn 130 square foot paver patio over there for all the grills and chit"

someone please drive over here, smack (punch) me in the face, teach (force) me to use angie's list and let me do something else again with my life.

😩

if you'd seen the quotes we got for all this crap you understand why the decision was made for me tho

IMG-9324.jpg

i just keep breaking my own rules and randy's own rules. i can't seem to stop. i (literally) keep diggin myself deeper. i haven't done anything besides working on my backyard landscaping with every spare hour for nearly 3-4 weeks straight now (i've hardly had any spare hours to begin with). i finish sprinkler system, and edging, and rock, nearly ready for grass and path building, BUT then i go and say "hey i've got an idea, let's put a goddamn 130 square foot paver patio over there for all the grills and chit"

someone please drive over here, smack (punch) me in the face, teach (force) me to use angie's list and let me do something else again with my life.

😩

if you'd seen the quotes we got for all this crap you understand why the decision was made for me tho

View attachment 227048
Told my father years ago, " Just because you had and idea, doesn't mean you have to follow through with it!".

A couple of my father's favorite sayings were, "the day doesn't end till midnight" and "you can rest when you're done". At least that's what I remember during our few conversations.

A couple of my father's favorite sayings were, "the day doesn't end till midnight" and "you can rest when you're done". At least that's what I remember during our few conversations.
My wife tells me “you can sleep when you’re dead”:

Not sure if that’s encouraging me to work hard or her wish.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back