MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Sunday Pic of the Day

I've been trying to establish a big patch of pretty sunflowers on our property. I started two years ago with a small packet of mixed seeds from the hardware store. I harvested a half a dozen heads in the fall, at least what the birds didn't get. Dried them, then rubbed the seeds out, and planted last spring, got a pretty good patch going (20x30). I harvested quite a few and sat down today to break the heads up. I got about 1/4 the way through before my thumbs were wore raw. To be continued...
20210221_120728.jpg

I've been trying to establish a big patch of pretty sunflowers on our property. I started two years ago with a small packet of mixed seeds from the hardware store. I harvested a half a dozen heads in the fall, at least what the birds didn't get. Dried them, then rubbed the seeds out, and planted last spring, got a pretty good patch going (20x30). I harvested quite a few and sat down today to break the heads up. I got about 1/4 the way through before my thumbs were wore raw. To be continued...
View attachment 174840
No pics of the patch in bloom? Could use some colors to spice up the winter doldrums.

Warmed up enough to get out on the ice for some bumper work. Still not Spring. 😁

50967372321_8697f9e14e_4k.jpg
Miller i gotta say for a young dog he is sure one good lookin pooch and a hell of a working drive seems like.

No pics of the patch in bloom? Could use some colors to spice up the winter doldrums.
Unfortunately I never took one. But very much appreciated the Goldfinch's that frequented it each morning. Our bird feeder this winter has been colorless as well. No finches at all, just juncos and chickadees and occasionally valley quail.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back