Yeti GOBOX Collection

Sunday Pic of the Day

Yesterday, the owner of the farm where I take my daughter hunting told me that our blind had collapsed. As I had been planning on taking her up today for a youth antlerless hunt, I went up this morning, without her, to assess the damage. I was armed with duct tape and some old Easton arrows to repair rips and broken poles. Fortunately, the hub had just collapsed so I cleaned the snow off and popped the roof back up. Maybe one of the five deer that watched me will be there when I return with my daughter.

25973AA8-1B09-4169-A7BB-A3D235C8153F.jpeg

Was backing up my laptop to the hard drive and came across a file I hadn’t opened in years... bunch of scans I took of the plate glass negs that my ex’s family had donated to the Ravalli Co. museum there in Hamilton. Haven’t been back that way in years, often wonder if they’re still on display (we helped put the exhibit together back in the day) Some pretty cool old shots in that file I had forgotten about. You familiar with Bertie Lord @mtmuley ?
F5628942-704A-4DB2-B6EB-BD9A064DB503.jpeg61FCD882-E670-4414-A9A3-4E1F97528F46.jpeg9C1F8402-A5D8-46EC-90D4-21A91B82512E.jpeg

Yep, I know who Bertie Lord was. Haven't been to the museum since I was a kid. I work with a guy that is really into the history of Bertie Lord and all of the history of that area. Pretty neat stuff Marv. mtmuley

Yep, I know who Bertie Lord was. Haven't been to the museum since I was a kid. I work with a guy that is really into the history of Bertie Lord and all of the history of that area. Pretty neat stuff Marv. mtmuley
Nice! I was all over that area in my youth (30s and 40s); Rosses Hole, Darby, Sula, Conner.... visited a lot of those places Bertie took his pics from trying to see it the same... fished/hunted quite a few of themI miss the old Root.

Nice! I was all over that area in my youth (30s and 40s); Rosses Hole, Darby, Sula, Conner.... visited a lot of those places Bertie took his pics from trying to see it the same... fished/hunted quite a few of themI miss the old Root.
Few more folks around here these days. I'll probably spend some time in that country this summer. We have a project up there and I will more than likely stay on site sometimes and poke around a bit. You should come back sometime. mtmuley

Was backing up my laptop to the hard drive and came across a file I hadn’t opened in years... bunch of scans I took of the plate glass negs that my ex’s family had donated to the Ravalli Co. museum there in Hamilton. Haven’t been back that way in years, often wonder if they’re still on display (we helped put the exhibit together back in the day) Some pretty cool old shots in that file I had forgotten about. You familiar with Bertie Lord @mtmuley ?
View attachment 167822View attachment 167823View attachment 167824
I like these old pictures and the times they represent. This is My father in the 1940's when times were almost as lean as the men that lived them...

thumbnail_IMG_0004.jpg

Yesterday, the owner of the farm where I take my daughter hunting told me that our blind had collapsed. As I had been planning on taking her up today for a youth antlerless hunt, I went up this morning, without her, to assess the damage. I was armed with duct tape and some old Easton arrows to repair rips and broken poles. Fortunately, the hub had just collapsed so I cleaned the snow off and popped the roof back up. Maybe one of the five deer that watched me will be there when I return with my daughter.

View attachment 167810
At least the hub just reversed. Cows took occupancy of mine last September. :(

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PotomacRiver
Back