Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Sunday Pic of the Day

Custom made. Check out the “season of elk” thread. Posted most of the process and a video of the first trial run pulling one of my employees around the yard.

Don't know how I missed this thread. Your elk cart just knocks my socks off. I have had a design rattling around in my head but now I'll probably just steal your ideas/design. Nicely done!

My mom and aunt boarded their Alaskan cruise ship in Seattle yesterday and departed. Really proud of her this is her first big trip sense losing her husband (my dad) of 51 years. They started dating at 14 and got married at 18 and the longest they were ever apart was my dad's two tours in Vietnam. I work in the home health/Hospice field and can't tell you how many times I've seen a perfectly healthy spouse go completely downhill after losing their long-term partner. Finally got her retired (well mostly) and enjoying some well earned relaxation a foreign
concept to a 72 year old who raised 4 kids, worked as a nurse for 20 years, then started her own company and ran it for over 20. But if she tries to bring me home a new daddy I'll woop his Ole ass.Resized_image000000.jpeg20230910_160327.jpg20230910_160313.jpg

What if he owns a fishing boat in Alaska and is an experienced Alaskan hunting outfitter?
(Keep an open mind ... and let your Mom have some fun. She's got many good years to go and a lot to offer.)
That would take the sting out a bit I suppose. You are right and I just want her to be happy but just never thought I'd have to worry about my mom dating.

Your one lucky SOB! It's not the best way to die but a chainsaw through your leg is certainly one of them!!
Not really as dangerous as one would think at first. But still enough for me to say "Holy crap!" I was limbing the tree after dropping it. I run the throttle with my right hand and I used my left to pull a couple branches away from the trunk. When I did that I let the saw drop too far down and with the chain free-wheeling at idle it barely caught my jeans. It was spinning slow enough that it jammed the chain and stopped it. Thankfully! After I pulled it free I locked the drive when I wasn't cutting just to make sure it was safe! I won't forget this one!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutflys
Back