Sunday Pic of the Day

Assuming Colorado River. Please confirm as some of us are ignorant. Where you from, Vsmith? Some of us are also curious. It's easy to tag your title with location.
Pretty sure that’s Canyondlands NP in southern UT. So, yes, Colorado River just above confluence with the Green River.

Pretty sure that’s Canyondlands NP in southern UT. So, yes, Colorado River just above confluence with the Green River.
@Straight Arrow

It is Horseshoe Bend in AZ on the Colorado just downstream of Lake Powell/Glen Canyon Dam, upstream of Lee's Ferry, which is the boating launch for the Grand Canyon. That is why the water is so clear, because it is coming out of the bottom of the reservoir.

@Straight Arrow

It is Horseshoe Bend in AZ on the Colorado just downstream of Lake Powell/Glen Canyon Dam, upstream of Lee's Ferry, which is the boating launch for the Grand Canyon. That is why the water is so clear, because it is coming out of the bottom of the reservoir.
I stand corrected! Was thinking of this view in Canyonlands. Crazy how similar they are. But, yeah, the water in the pic below looks pretty murky.

1617040040986.jpeg

I stand corrected! Was thinking of this view in Canyonlands. Crazy how similar they are. But, yeah, the water in the pic below looks pretty murky.

View attachment 178837

Both are absolutely beautiful and worth visiting! I have strong feelings about Lake Powell and Glen Canyon Dam, but it is undeniable that the green/emerald waters downstream of it are a striking contrast to the surrounding landscape.

View attachment 178701
Crappy photo since I was driving, but behind the trees is the first tow of the season that I’ve seen on the Upper Miss. weird it was going downstream with no cargo?
Probably running down to St Louis to pickup some barges. A fair amount of fertilizer down there that needs to be moved upstream. The system is a usually a little whack on that first trip of the season as there isn’t a lot of cargo to come off the upper miss as there has been strong rail demand heading to the PNW.

Six weeks of classes and 20lbs of clay later I have a small, fairly useless bowl but something I made survived.
View attachment 178828

One of the very first things I made when I started is a bowl about 1/2 that size, and probably twice that weight. It currently holds about 14 300 grain .452 bullets & a few oddball 30 cal.

Very nicely done, @rwc101! Where are you throwing?

One of the very first things I made when I started is a bowl about 1/2 that size, and probably twice that weight. It currently holds about 14 300 grain .452 bullets & a few oddball 30 cal.

Very nicely done, @rwc101! Where are you throwing?

There is a community studio in town where I throw, but a wheel of my own is competing with guns and optics for my money.

All that training finally paid off.
51086889321_e45e1f3a67_5k.jpg

All that training finally paid off.
51086889321_e45e1f3a67_5k.jpg
Can't quite make out what's going on there, photo is too blurry.

Kidding, that is an amazing photo. Wondering how long you had to sit there and wait for the bird to land on the antler!

Roosevelt Cow inspecting the beach
97745B53-8331-4930-A60C-8F4F6FD9F96C.jpeg
My buddy John crept up the dune , theres a herd just on the other side of the dune , He was bummed because he has a really nice camera that he bought for when we’re out scouting and he didn’t take it to the beach with him but with a cell phone you can see a couple of the elk in the grass even though it’s blurry , there is about 12 elk in this picture even though they can’t all be seen , this is the same infamous beach where we found a dead whale last year !
C27A5450-7B46-40D9-910A-B848321949B4.jpeg

Saw 3 different herds of elk on the way to Big Sky today. First was about 100 head with one rag horn with them, and second was about 200 head just before entering Gallatin Gorge. Didn’t get pictures of those, but did manage to get a picture of this smaller herd of about 50 just a few miles from Big Sky Resort.

A11B8DE4-41AB-48FA-AD4C-AC0285EC48AD.jpeg

It was a nice relaxing day on the hill...

CCC42DA0-AB4A-4E7F-9575-0795E7792CA1.jpeg

Back