Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

successful draw for WY elk

82dodge

My buddy and I were lucky in the draw. A couple years ago we hunted mulies in WY but other than that we know little about the state and even less about where to try for elk and what guide or outfitter to go with. We could use some help and would really appreciate some guide/outfitter references. We enjoy hunting on foot and don't want to spend every day on a horse but wouldn't mind using horses to get into the back country. If you've had experience with this type of hunt and have some references you can share we'd appreciate it. Thanks

thanks for the welcome. We drew a general tag so there are lots of units we can hunt in. If you have a reference for a guide/outfitter or just a good area I can look and see if it's a unit we can use. Thanks

Educate me:
I'd like to try a WY elk hunt, but I don't know the specifics. In Wyoming, does a non-res have to use a guide, or can he hunt on his own?

Non-residents do not need a guide outside Wilderness areas.

In Wilderness areas you either need a guide or have to know a resident who will sign off for you to hunt wilderness.

Lots of public land that is not in wilderness to hunt...lots of limited quota areas as well as general license areas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back