PEAX Equipment

Stormy Kromer

beginnerhunter

Anybody have a detailed review? Does the ear band stay on easily? Does it stay in place when moved down over the ears? Looking for something to replace the Remi Warren system I'm using now. Kinda uncomfortable.

Thanks! Yeah they're priced well for gifting too. May get one for my BIL and myself. Not sure how to get his measurements without being weird...

I'm a fan. Had one for the last 8 years or so and love it. I switch out to windstopper fleece when sitting, but for hiking & still hunting, you won't find a better chapeau. The ear flaps don't cover my ears completely, but I'm more interested in having the nape of the neck covered anyway. Combine it with a fleece neck gaiter and your in biddness.

Pro- tip: Hand wash that puppy every couple of weeks during the season if you sweat like I do. Nothing worse than a stinky kromer.

The only problem I have with my stormy Kromer is I can’t wear it in the summer. The only complaint I have is if you wear sunglasses and you put them on the bill of your hat when you go inside the strings will scratch your lenses.

the day my son was born, it was -32 when we left for the hospital.
1600793759794.jpeg
The stormy Kromer factory in Ironwood MI. The actual owner of the company was filling in at the gift shop because the normal lady was gone. I talked to him for about an hour and could have talked longer. When Covid hit they had to lay off their sewers, but retooled to make masks and were able to bring everyone back.
1600793670480.jpegelk hunting
1600793980280.jpeg
my 5 year old daughter Loves hers too.
1600794575940.jpeg

Last edited:
The name brand is definitely made better than knock offs. Flatter seams, smaller stitching, softer material, more brim size options. (I like a smaller brim)

You gotta buy them sized and it has to fit your head. More wind proof than a stocking cap over a ballcap. As for ear cover, it catches the top but might lack for total coverage. I've got an ear band for the REALLY Windy days.

the chicks dig it ...That's really why I wear it.

1600794691000.png

Last edited:
They’re ok. I’ve been doing the “Remi Warren” for decades and prefer it personally. My head gets hot when I’m hiking, so it’s nice to just take the stocking hat off and get more ventilation when I’m warmed up.

I rocked the Arctic trooper when I was a kid..... If you do not know what that is... you are a kid now

I wear a Crown Cap brand. The ear flaps fold up inside the cap. As stated above anyone of these seems to be a pain if using sunglasses and such.

Too hot for the kind of hunting I do. For years I wore a red corduroy ball cap that was just right. When it's frightfully cold I'll either zip on the hood on or pull on a stocking cap, both with ball cap as bottom layer. Its bill is essential for keeping the hood out of my eyes and slobber or snow off my glasses. Also keeps the sun off my face when goose hunting over decoys.

Was researching new hats last year. Looked hard at the Stormy, but decided to go with one from Alpacas of Montana. Love it. So much in fact, I bought one for my daughter and brother. The only downside is it's not cold enough here in Virginia to wear it as much as I would like!!

Was researching new hats last year. Looked hard at the Stormy, but decided to go with one from Alpacas of Montana. Love it. So much in fact, I bought one for my daughter and brother. The only downside is it's not cold enough here in Virginia to wear it as much as I would like!!

That does look cozy! But if it's too warm for VA its definitely too warm for AR! Maybe good for stand sits tho.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back