Stone sheep in BC

Stone's hunts are definitely spendy and only getting more expensive it seems. However, "deals" can be had. My pard went last year for way less than that and got a smoker of a ram.

PS- I put deal in quotes because a good price on a Stone's hunt is still expensive by most folks standards.

I hunted with Stone Mountain Safaris last year and it was an unbelievable experience.

You can read about it here.
http://forum.kuiu.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=523&p=1610#p1610

Leif and Kellie run a great operation, when I saw the raffle on the RMEF website and looked into SMS I was shocked at the prices for Stone Sheep. After getting there, and seeing what they do I'm not so shocked anymore.

Just maintaining their horses is enough of a challenge with the rough, rocky terrain. Shoes, saddles, packs and winter feed (consider where they are in the winter) is expensive. They also do extensive trapping in the winter (the camps are a couple hours away from the lodge by truck and snowmobile). The real kicker is the cost of everything up there. They are in oil country and everything up there is more expensive that you can believe. The simple logistics increase prices (they're remote), but when you factor in a bottomless pocket (oil company) needing to feed their man camps a gallon of milk begins to cost $7-8, a doz. eggs is $5-6, and bacon? forget about it.

I'm sure there are less expensive operations, but Leif and Kellie are good people and if you could swing a hunt with them you would come away with the trip of a lifetime.

You want to make a Stone Sheep hunt look cheap, start pricing a Desert Sheep hunt in Mexico... ;)

Lord that is expensive. My goal is to have my rocky, desert, and dall done by the time I retire in 26 years. Hopefully I will get enough from my mustering out money to afford a stone sheep hunt. I will be 51 then and hopefully still in good enough shape to handle that hunt. That's the plan at least. A guy can always dream right!!!

Okbow- Good luck!! While I have yet to shoot a ram, I have tagged along on a sheep hunt with a friend and hope to again this fall. I'd love to get a Slam, but it'll take a lot of drawing luck on my part to even have a shot. Dreaming is half the fun!!!

I'm only 25 and have a couple bighorn points in wy and mt. I need to start getting my desert points going as well. I should have my dall in the next 4 or 5 years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back