AMK Sportsman

Still Ok to hunt....

D

Dick Reece

Or are the females carrying pups now ? I was wondering why there's a year round season here in WV, are there so many that they
[ the state DNR]don't care whether or not you kill during the breeding season ?

Doug

PC,
If there's coyotes in the area that you hunt turkeys, I'd say kill them all. I think coyotes are major bad medicine for nesting hens and turkey poults. If shooting a wet bitch makes you uncomfortable, then back track her and dig up the den. You and your grandson go have a good hunt and bring back some stories and pictures to share.
wink.gif

Doug

D

Dick Reece

You talked me into it,Doug.I'm going saturday and monday.Then the following monday,I'm gonna turkey hunt.

D

Dick Reece

Thanks for the well wishes,I'm really looking forward to coyote hunting more than turkey hunting.Dylan can't go because he made 2 D's when he bought his grades home, but I do have a pic of me and him with Doe's during muzzleloader last year I'd like to post.

tnctcb

i have heard alot of guys say that a big yote or a pup are just as good to kill. the difference is that the pups havent killed as much game, yet. i would think the same goes with unborn pups

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
recurve27128