Steve Rinella / Tim Ferris podcast

Trial153

To most of us the content is preaching to the choir, that said it was entertaining. The upside is our message reaching an audience that isn't normally exposed to it. Great job by Rinella.

Find it anywhere you listen to podcast, Search Tim Ferris

Is this the same Tim Ferris that’s on the front lines of forcing wolf reintroductions? Steve better lay down science and logic in this podcast...

Can someone give the cliff notes on any CO wolf stocking discussion? I'll get to this eventually.. just have renewed interest.

CO is asking voters if they should invest into reintroducing wolves in CO; but it sounds like wolves are already naturally migrating from WY

Can someone give the cliff notes on any CO wolf stocking discussion? I'll get to this eventually.. just have renewed interest.
It was just a super vague 30k view of the issues.

"People don't want wolves in CO, but they want to hunt Alaska"

"A lot of people don't want wolves because of the politicalization of the topic"

Steve on both. Tim didn't add his own view point, he was mostly just interviewing.

It was just a super vague 30k view of the issues.

"People don't want wolves in CO, but they want to hunt Alaska"

"A lot of people don't want wolves because of the politicalization of the topic"

Steve on both. Tim didn't add his own view point, he was mostly just interviewing.

I'll download and listen this week.. The ol AK comparison rings pretty hollow to me. AK, the state of which the vast majority cant be accessed via road? The place where they aerial gun wolves where they are causing serious damage to the caribou herds? AK and CO aren't one in the same.

Listened to this a couple of weeks ago. Good info to share to someone curious but not necessarily pro or anti which is most of the people I have encountered as meet new people through business and social. I figure 20% hunt or respect a hunter so they are pro. 20% hate hunters. That leave a majority that do not think about hunting any more than I might think of dance steps from ballet or past leaders of Uganda. Make the story of hunting and conservation interesting and that majority will listen and shape an impression that is likely favorable to hunting. Steve does this well, in my opinion, by focusing on the protein rather than the trophy and by publishing cookbooks. He also reaches out to non-hunters such as Joe Rogan that are open to learning about hunting.

He also reaches out to non-hunters such as Joe Rogan that are open to learning about hunting.
I still crack up when they were trying to convince Rogan to not talk about secret spots and he just laughs in their face like it's the dumbest thing he's ever heard haha

Listened to this a couple of weeks ago. Good info to share to someone curious but not necessarily pro or anti which is most of the people I have encountered as meet new people through business and social. I figure 20% hunt or respect a hunter so they are pro. 20% hate hunters. That leave a majority that do not think about hunting any more than I might think of dance steps from ballet or past leaders of Uganda. Make the story of hunting and conservation interesting and that majority will listen and shape an impression that is likely favorable to hunting. Steve does this well, in my opinion, by focusing on the protein rather than the trophy and by publishing cookbooks. He also reaches out to non-hunters such as Joe Rogan that are open to learning about hunting.
I don't recall if Rinella was the reason, but Rogan is a die-hard bow hunter now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back