Caribou Gear

Steve Rinella / Tim Ferris podcast

I don't recall if Rinella was the reason, but Rogan is a die-hard bow hunter now.
I think Rinella is responsible for him getting starting in hunting and Hanes for the archery addiction. Though I don't agree with all of his stances on hunting, especially location sharing, I am glad that he is presenting hunting in a good light to the audience he has, which is HUGE.

I think Rinella is responsible for him getting starting in hunting and Hanes for the archery addiction. Though I don't agree with all of his stances on hunting, especially location sharing, I am glad that he is presenting hunting in a good light to the audience he has, which is HUGE.
I'm not familiar with his stance on location sharing. I'll have to look into that. I do like his take on the meat from the animal, that it feeds his family and how natural it is, etc etc.

I'm not familiar with his stance on location sharing. I'll have to look into that. I do like his take on the meat from the animal, that it feeds his family and how natural it is, etc etc.
He's of the opinion that folks should willingly share any/all locations of places they've hunted on public land. He thinks it's silly folks keep that a closely guarded secret.

IMO, this stance is based on a) him not hunting much public land, b) never putting in the work to find a good spot on public land c) not having a spot go to crap because of crowds. Hunting elk on the Tejon and Deseret is a far cry from what most of experience.

Ferris is very pro wold reinto. I believe he donated a bunch of money to some organizations to help with the getting the ballot measure going. He's talked about it on his podcast before and asks people to support the wolf reintro.
Exactly, that’s why I wish they would have discussed it. I think steve could have brought up the issues with a reintroduction.

Exactly, that’s why I wish they would have discussed it. I think steve could have brought up the issues with a reintroduction.
I'm not entirely sure they disagree on reintroduction of wolves, I haven't heard Steve really address his personal views.

Also at this point is it a reintroduction, wolves are already present in Colorado and CPW is likely going to "reintroduce" more wolves to where those wolves already have established themselves (little south but not by a lot).

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back