Starlink?

hank4elk

Last fall there was a post about Sat. internet & discussion thereof. Someone said have you tried this. I went to Starlink,put in my zip,address and e-mail addy. Now this was a free offer option. There was nowhere to apply,pay etc.
Reply from Starlink was it was expected in my area mid-summer/fall 2021.
I went back to apply,pay etc. & it's blocked.
Have received no e-mails about set up nor sign up nor pay here. Tried to inquire about Starlink this morning again and it's blocked. Offer no longer applies. .....
OK, where do I sign up? I asked for a password for my e-mail account/lost password. Nothing.
There is no e-mail address nor number to call Starlink.

I have 2 neighbors who saw Starlink inquiry and after putting in address ,etc and they had same timeframe info & box to pay $99 to sign up. Not free. Reply was they are in and waiting for package, $500 for it when it arrives.

I asked for password for my account, again nothing. Of course since I initially inquired under free offer and it's no longer an offer,it's blocked,no longer available. Customers will be notified on 1st come 1st serve basis..................
How do I become a customer?
My e-mail is still valid & active. I can go to Starlink all day long and there is no open page to sign up. Offer blocked.
Any ideas of special space hand sign to apply? Do I send a mind message to Mars & Elon will reply someday?

Anyone got any ideas,numbers to call,e-maill address,app you need to buy,mindset to have? How about an address to write a letter?
Lost,200 years late to the party.

I also registered early. The last email I received from them was February 18, saying I could go to their site and order service. I haven't tried to order yet though.

Can you describe what you're seeing when you say "it's blocked"?

Here's a screenshot of what I see on their home page. I put in my address and got an order form.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 8.39.41 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-07-09 at 8.39.41 AM.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 7
I also registered early. The last email I received from them was February 18, saying I could go to their site and order service. I haven't tried to order yet though.

Can you describe what you're seeing when you say "it's blocked"?

Here's a screenshot of what I see on their home page. I put in my address and got an order form.
Red cross circle comes up. Says option not available.
Buddy just tried and it does not like the spelling of Eagle....lol eagel. He suggested just putting in street crossing.

Just tried name of road nearby which is similar and I got my order done all the way to place order button and now it does not like my e-mail address.......written as it is,my only one. Says correct email address.....
also the name of my road goes back to Eagel instead of Eagle,no matter how many times I change it to correct spelling it goes back to Eagel on the application form. dislecsick algorythyms

It's worth figuring it out. I got my setup a couple weeks ago and absolutely love it. So much better than Hughesnet!

I'm talking to the neighbor that has it on order or my bud from Socorro.Just hand them the cash. Order it for me.
How can my e-mail address be wrong or invalid? I just got the NMG&F fish report. LOL
How can you have a website without contact info? How does Elan do it? Do business?
Telepathicly? Mind melds from mars?
Gotta know the secret handshake to call for info? Maybe Ellan can just enter the e-mail address I type out and send oh,maybe an e-mail? Or call the cell number I entered in application?

LOL,I know.I'm an idiot.

Availability; Limitations. Placing a Deposit Payment does not obligate SpaceX to provide you with the Starlink Kit and Services and does not guarantee that the Starlink Kit and Services will be available to you. Enrollment limits may apply. Starlink Kit designs and Services are subject to change based on technological innovation. The Service availability dates are estimates only and subject to change. SpaceX does not guarantee when Services will actually be available in your region. Service delivery is dependent on many factors, including various regulatory approvals.

I placed an order but have not received a confirmation email. How can I access my account?
It’s possible you entered an incorrect email address when you placed your order. To gain access to your Starlink account, click “Locked out?” on the Starlink sign-in page. To access the sign-in page, visit starlink.com and select “Sign-In” from the menu in the upper right.

Last edited:
I asked for password for my account, again nothing. Of course since I initially inquired under free offer and it's no longer an offer,it's blocked,no longer available. Customers will be notified on 1st come 1st serve basis..................
Never seen it offered free since I became involved with StarLink. Always been a $499 +$99 a month, as I understand. Maybe a scam?

My understanding, it's typically offered in areas with the rural federal subsidized Internet provider areas first.

My first entry, I clicked on the "Lane" address by accident and it stated not available in my area and may be available the summer / fall of 2021.
Realized my error, changed it to "Rd" and presto... available at the time of my order.

Hzopefully it becomes available for you as it is an absolute game changer - as shared in the other thread you mentioned.

It is
Availability; Limitations. Placing a Deposit Payment does not obligate SpaceX to provide you with the Starlink Kit and Services and does not guarantee that the Starlink Kit and Services will be available to you. Enrollment limits may apply. Starlink Kit designs and Services are subject to change based on technological innovation. The Service availability dates are estimates only and subject to change. SpaceX does not guarantee when Services will actually be available in your region. Service delivery is dependent on many factors, including various regulatory approvals.
That is not the problem. It's completing a simple online transaction. My info is correct. No matter how many times I type in proper info,card,address', the address is spelled wrong in the box when I'm done and when I do just enter apply now it says enter a valid e-mail address.
It is the valid e-mail address I use.

what kind of performance are we talking about?

1625853786963.png

1625853819637.png

Never seen it offered free since I became involved with StarLink. Always been a $499 +$99 a month, as I understand. Maybe a scam?

My understanding, it's typically offered in areas with the rural federal subsidized Internet provider areas first.

My first entry, I clicked on the "Lane" address by accident and it stated not available in my area and may be available the summer / fall of 2021.
Realized my error, changed it to "Rd" and presto... available at the time of my order.

Hzopefully it becomes available for you as it is an absolute game changer - as shared in the other thread you mentioned.
I just reapplied again this morning,using different way to get in site and order/pay initial $99,$500 due when it comes. The day Ben Lamb gave me site to apply it was free that day,initial offer.
Don't give a damn about that now. Just take my $ so I can wait like my neighbors to get it.
I had order completed by doing the hokey pokey and they don't like my e-mail address now.Why? Tell me.

Yo GWB,got a line to them so I can tell them how to spell?
At least I can find a contact # for hughes. I get reassured my service is terrible every time...
I spent the day inside.......hot out and it takes 6 hrs to get one 3hr JRE episode on spotify.

Fwiw I signed up during the original interest offering and have since paid the $99 and have heard nothing since November.

Fwiw I signed up during the original interest offering and have since paid the $99 and have heard nothing since November.
You don't have starlink yet you pay the $99 a month or was it an advertised $99 to begin and since then, you've not seen anything in return?

You don't have starlink yet you pay the $99 a month or was it an advertised $99 to begin and since then, you've not seen anything in return?
The way I understand it is $99 to sign up,$500 for all equipment and then $99 a mo there after.

By the way,I went to spacex and got on an e-mail list after entering my email 3 times. Now if I get a e-mail on space travel,maybe they can call ellons other office or better yet send them my e-mail address...LOL

I paid the $99 as a place holder for first month. When service is available “in my area”, I pay the $500 for hardware and then $99/mo.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back