Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Starbucks Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are trying hard to justify your life Buzz.

That means you have regrets over your choices. You are one of those people who have lived off taxpayers your whole life, never advancing your career, yet you think you know everything as part of your social media tough guy act you do so often because you have nothing going on during the day and no real responsibility at work. Funny stuff.

I think it's obvious which of us is worried about what the other thinks.

The reason it bothers you is because it's true. Funny how that works.

Even you have said the government employees need to be kicked out after a period of time, so deep down you know there is a problem.
Not a single regret and I would change nothing.

I knew from a young age where I wanted to work, did what it took to get there, and I feel incredibly fortunate.

“One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it’s still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards.”

― Edward Abbey

In a conversation with Bud Moore, he made the comment regarding living a long life that's sort of stuck with me.

"The days you spend hunting, fishing, trapping...those days don't count against you."

--Bud Moore
― Edward Abbey

You are trying hard to justify your life Buzz.

That means you have regrets over your choices. You are one of those people who have lived off taxpayers your whole life, never advancing your career, yet you think you know everything as part of your social media tough guy act you do so often because you have nothing going on during the day and no real responsibility at work. Funny stuff.

I think it's obvious which of us is worried about what the other thinks.

The reason it bothers you is because it's true. Funny how that works.

Even you have said the government employees need to be kicked out after a period of time, so deep down you know there is a problem.

I can distill the majority of your posts on this forum into 2 words: Gubment Bad.

Keep pretending that the only way to have a fulfilling life is to work yourself into the ground. Plenty of good public servants out there doing meaningful work. Plenty of good private industry out there treating their employees well. They both can benefit from unions IMO.

Well, I said I would keep this thread open so long as it stayed on track about unions, which are pooled labor, and the inherent friction with corporations, which are pooled capital. Labor and capital are the two factors that have given prosperity to the US of A. One without the other is hollow.

I spent my adult life representing the capital side, but I have no qualms if the labor side chooses to pool their interests, the same as is done when we form corporations, partnerships, or LLCs to pool our capital. I struggle to see why it is such a big yank if one side or the other, labor or capital, decides to pool their resources.

Since this thread is mostly off the asphalt and the passenger side tires are in the ditch, I will close this as I leave the grid for eastern Arizona to help Uncle Larry shoot what he claims will be his last "#^$@ing elk." Yes, we have a new bleeper button, as he has no intentions of losing his claim to the "Fresh Tracks Traveling Profanity Trophy."

Behave yourselves while I am gone. Mrs. Fin has an itchy trigger finger when it comes to moderation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back