Stainless or blue steel ?

I like the look of blued, but I hunt with stainless, because it holds up better in nasty weather.

Got the chance to trade my Browning ABOLT Medallion for a Browning Stainless Stalker.I think I am going to make the trade.

I like the look of blued, but I hunt with stainless, because it holds up better in nasty weather.

My thoughts exactly. A beautiful wood stock with a blued barrel is a work of art, but for a hard hunting rifle a composite stock with a stainless steel is the way to go.

I like a bead blasted ss barrel that way you don't get any glare off the sun as well.

In a perfect world I choose the aesthitique' of shiny blued and walnut....save one, my tool box is full of stainless/composite.

I prefer stainless but haven't had any trouble with blued guns. IMO, coated stainless is the MEOW, even though I don't have one...yet.

Blue steel?

zoolander-blue-steel-ben-stiller-today-tease-160210_7c8b81230f9e67ef5868e5b96e3ced9a.jpg

Chrome moly with cerakote is the best of both worlds. Harder than Stainless steel and the cerakote stands up to harsh conditions better...

I prefer blued/cerakote. with composite. Never had an issue. guns aren't supposed to be shiny in my mind, although i do own a few stainless rifles.

The looks of blued steel and wood is hard to beat but the performance in nasty weather certainly bodes well for stainless and synthetic. With coatings like cerakote you can get that same nasty weather protection in about any look you like.

While this doesn't apply to most hunting rifles I can tell you I always had better barrel life from a chrome moly barrel vs. stainless when I was shooting a lot of hp matches.

Back