Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

#squirrelshape

Or just a good ol' rifle.

BTW, all these were shot without moving so much as my big toe. Three boys and a girl.

xFQ0MCp.jpg

Or just a good ol' rifle.

BTW, all these were shot without moving so much as my big toe. Three boys and a girl.

xFQ0MCp.jpg
I really need to get a .22, they’re definitely superior for meat loss, but I kinda have this vibe about owning one gun to do it all and Ive always thought Seamus McFly is core af and he hunted small game with a shotgun.

I mean I missed a deer twice at 20 yards with a shotgun...

so yeah... it happens
That’s called buck fever. 😂 Pat Durkin just wrote an article on its dangers!

I’m using Kent upland fasteel #5’s.
The ones I missed were at 30ish yards so maybe that’s too far for the shotgun?
I’m using the full choke, my guns only got a 22” barrel so maybe that has some affect on the range 🤷‍♂️
Steel sucks for squirrels. Can you use lead or is it one of the IL DNR spots that require non-toxic shot? I hate those.
I really need to get a .22, they’re definitely superior for meat loss, but I kinda have this vibe about owning one gun to do it all and Ive always thought Seamus McFly is core af and he hunted small game with a shotgun.
Beware the man who shoots but one gun.

I grew up squirrel hunting with a shotgun and did a bit of it here in N IL as most sites here are shotgun only but now I take the .22 out when allowed on the site. This is gonna sound dumb, but I find using a scoped .22 for squirrels good practice for target acquisition and for standing shot fundamentals/finding a rest for hunting out west. I feel like we don't have a chance to do alot of that kind of stuff hunting here in IL.

I’m using the full choke, my guns only got a 22” barrel so maybe that has some affect on the range 🤷‍♂️
A longer barrel is easier to lead and hold steady. A shorter barrel is more maneuverable in tight quarters.

You can’t post photos like this without telling us what ingredients are in your recipe other than squirrels, red onions, and crescent roll dough.

Get the extra large rolls or use 2 per roll up.

Back