Squirrel Taxidermy in Colorado

Yeah, the black ones seem to be most common, I've only read about the grey color phase.
While visiting Bandolier National Monument last year I saw only grey color phase strangely. I've only killed one, near Salida, the rest have been black. But this new Abert's spot I found accidentally during muzzleloader season seemed to have an equal number of both. Excited to get in there in a couple months.

Anecdotally, I was gifted a taxidermied fox squirrel back in 2002 before I took off for college. Little log mounted dude wearing a sombrero.

After college I moved to New Orleans for a stint doing post-Katrina carpentry work circa 2006. I had these neighbors that used to make their beer runs in a formation of three on those little rascal wheelchair scooter things. They’d occasionally toss me a cold Busch on their way back from the corner store and have a chat.

After a year of probably drinking too much I was moving out of town and trying to lighten my load, so I gave their rascal gang leader the squirrel as a gift after I caught him admiring it while I was packing. The next day I saw that he’d removed it from the log and used the wire coming out the squirrel’s feet to mount it on the scooter handle just above his right shoulder. Looked like some kinda Busch-chugging rascal-riding pirate with a squirrel as a sidekick instead of a parrot.

Don’t really miss the humidity and the flatness, but I do miss all the weirdos in that town.

Hope you do something equally as rad with your squirrels.

Squirrels are small and easy to ship both ways. Just find a good squirrel taxidermist anywhere in the lower 48 states, ship it to them frozen, and have them ship it back to you when it’s complete.

Reactions: trb
I was never cut out for the Ivy Leagues anyway.

I am all set with a taxidermist, just waiting for the season opener to go in there and make my trophy Abert's dreams come true.
So who did you go with? I keep running into $900 price tag for squirrels, and that is too much for getting a squirrel slam done.

I think this is your guy...Good handle on Rodent anatomy and creative vision..

steve_carell-300x450.jpg
rudd-carell-a4cd855a08ee8e959cfd7ae063205a3b0effeafb.jpg

Good Reading:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back