PEAX Equipment

Spruce Grouse...

Daniel in Ak

Now that I made it back,let me get some pictures posted for ya'll.
Here are some spruce grouse before opening season,I ahd to belly crawl up close to get these pictures.Daniel
w3.jpg

And a couple more came out of the woods....
w4.jpg

Thanks pointer.Except with the Sharptails the grouse around here are all like this.Here is a day of hunting.
Drive down road,hey there's grouse on the side of the road.pull truck over,load guns walk back to where grouse are,pick out fat ones throw stick at them to make them fly or walk towards them till they fly off(If your lucky they wont run) Hahahaha!
But my wife cheats she says If they dont fly away there dead when she throws down on them...Gotta love her Daniel

I'll sluice my share as well!! :D I've not shot enough yet to worry about being 'sporting', I just want to kill some.

Hemmorage If I find one I sure do.I have a beautiful big sharpie mounted.There's a bunch of sharpies down in Delta,but it's hard to find someone who wnat to drive a 100 miles with me to shoot birds oh! well. GUess I'll stick around here and shoot birds.Daniel

I'm going to be in Alaska next August 8-15 fishing. If you need a sharpie partner, I'll go!! I love sharpies and would like to get a mounted one from as many states as possible.

Those are nice Spruce Grouse pictures. We have a few in northern Idaho, but never had a chance to kill one.

How many hours of daylight do you have this time of year?

Where and why are you coming in August? Oh! what are you going to fish for? We mainly caught all our Salmon in July pole fishing .We dip netted every weekend in June for reds and Kings.July we started for Halibut,but finished the rest of the season hitting the rivers sout of us.

The time your coming up here is close to my goat and sheep hunt god willing I get drawn,and then where after Caribou the last week and or first week of Sept.It would be great to get out with you for both or just birds.We need to work something out.

I know where very few are where I go hunting but you cant hunt on a military base I dont think,besides I'll be ablle to find some down in Delta and hopefully get you to come up there.If anything bring a shotgun anyways,Im always bumping into birds everywhere I drive.And here is my Sharptail.
sharptail.jpg

I have a nephew and good friend in Wasilla. I'm coming to silver fish down by Valdez and on the little Sue. I might try halibut 1 day. I came up this year for just 4 days to wet my whistle. Next year it will be for a week. I'd love to get out to kill birds also. Of course I'll be carless unless I rent one. How far would I have to drive from Wasilla to have a reasonable chance at a Sharpie in one day of hunting?

Oh! yeah! Wasilla,my wife likes that town alot.and that probably five to five and a half hours from me.So unfortunetly I dont know about bird hunting down there,I forget the name of the road between there and Glenallen,but I was told there's birds along there and Ptarmigan.If I can manage to come down that way when your here,I'll bring the shotguns and poles,I can meat ya'll someplace for some fishing and hunting?Daniel
oh! and feel free to e-mail me if you want, [email protected]

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back