Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Spring turkey trips

ccc23454

Ok boys and girls,

Started working my plan for spring birds, not finializing anything just getting started. Crazy thing is most of this trip i dont know for sure where i am hunting(thats where you guys come in). Last year the rona screwed my plan completely up so this year has to be great! I love to travel and hunt and meet new people see new things, i love to see actual America. States on target list are wyoming, south dakota, nebraska, oklahoma, possibly kansas and colorodo(not likely) anyone have a different option let me know. I know my primary hunt spots in wyoming, oklahoma and prob Nebraska. What i need is some help filling in rest of plans for places in mainly SD & KS. Throw some walkins/hma whatever at me. I would love to be able to meet up and maybe hunt with some fellow HTers that i know only via keyboard. Would be more than happy to have 1 or 2 join me in blackhills for a bird! I have to wrap this up early-mid may cause of bear seasons (not baiting WY this spring only ID) but could also share some bear info for some good turkey info/access. Just ready to get out and see some new terroritory!

We had been traveling to Kansas. Last year they chopped the limit to one bird. Emergency rule due to a population drop. 3000 mile round trip for us. We'll wait for the birds to recover and the 2 bird limit reinstated.

We have turkeys up here and even a spring season.
BUT In years past there was 3 feet of snow still on the ground at the end of the season.
Not that you can hunt them in the snow I guess but you cant GET to them in the snow, you could a snowmobile Maybe.
SO make your plan and get a snowmobile and come on up almost no hunting presser.

Black Hills around Deadwood on the logging roads would probably be your best bet.

Its not on your list but Arkansas has great turkey hunting. They only have a spring season and there are millions of acres of public land available.

Nebraska, Kansas, Michigan, and here at home. I'm betting the numbers should be good out west this year since the shutdown last year for NR's...im hoping. Kansas looks to be still one bird in most areas though...

I recommend checking out the Public Access Atlas on the Nebraska Game & Parks website. It's generally pretty good for scoping out WMA's and determining walk-in access. However if you're not within driving distance of whichever WMA you decide to hunt, I recommend calling the local Game & Parks office to confirm the hunting regs for that WMA. I've noticed that every now and then the regs posted at the WMA are different than what's posted on the Atlas.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back