PEAX Equipment

spring turkey plans?

I got lucky and drew a tag for Idaho spring turkey. My wife will do the calling while I sit in my recliner in her blind, holding a single shot 12ga Iver Johnson Champion with a Super X #6 waiting for a tom.

I will roll a Jake any day of the week with a full load of TSS at 15 yards. I’ll waste 10 bucks on a craft 6 pack, might as well sling a $10 shell.
Could not agree more. Three years ago I bought a $200 TN turkey license. Spent another $200 on food, gas, and lodging. Hiked around the woods with $500 worth of boots, gear, and camo clothes while carrying a $1300 gun. Only bird I saw the whole trip put on a show at 60 yards and I couldn’t do anything but watch because I saved $9 per shell.

Never again. I ordered two boxes of TSS on the way home. And have since shot my last four birds all inside of 30 yards 😂.

Florida finished, VA opens the 8th , MD opens the 18th, PA opens the 29th
My 2nd son's wedding mid may and then up to Vt.

Could not agree more. Three years ago I bought a $200 TN turkey license. Spent another $200 on food, gas, and lodging. Hiked around the woods with $500 worth of boots, gear, and camo clothes while carrying a $1300 gun. Only bird I saw the whole trip put on a show at 60 yards and I couldn’t do anything but watch because I saved $9 per shell.

Never again. I ordered two boxes of TSS on the way home. And have since shot my last four birds all inside of 30 yards 😂.
TSS Isn't just for long shots if they hang up but good clean head shots. My wife hate steel.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back