Caribou Gear Tarp

spring turkey plans?

TheHeadTurkey

What's yalls plan for spring turkey season?
Im going to try and kill a gobbler on my families property in central Texas, I am trying to find a property where I can hunt turkeys in south Texas, and I will potentially make the trek to Arkansas to do some turkey hunting up there.

Last edited:
I’m going to try to get some other people birds this year again. I’ve been fortunate enough to get a lot of them and it’s definitely one of my favorite seasons.

I’d gladly swap a guided PA Turkey hunt complete with local diner food or chipotle burritos for a Wyoming archery elk hunt. ;)

Pretty good offer there.

One last time for old time's sake chasing turkeys here in IL. Gonna chase birds on public in SE IL at a place we've hunted the past few years and also got a tag for a private spot open to limited public access through IL's IRAP (Illinois Recreational Access Program) in a county I killed a bird in last year.

Really wanted to head to CO and chase merriams again, but I'll be staying in KY this year. Going to try some new public areas that have been on my radar and hope to get lucky

I’m going to try and draw a tag to hunt a rio. If I don’t draw that I’ll be heading out to hunt OTC merriams here in CO. Heck, I might try to do both. We’ll see!

Top goal is to help my wife get a bird as she has been on a dry spell. Only goals for myself are to fill both my tags and get at least one in a place I never have before

Trying to decide between NM and CO. Probably do some youth hunts here in GA and public quota if drawn.

Probably won't bother with anything else. The number of turkey hunters on public where I am has probably tripled in the past several years. I was leaving one day several years ago and found some people waiting by my jeep. They wanted to know if I was leaving so they could go in. Waiting in line is a big difference from never seeing anyone.

Almost caught pellets last year by someone who was nowhere near in range of the bird. Too dangerous with TSS in play. Y'all be safe out there!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back