Spring Pig Hunt

Calif. Hunter

Chopper let me know on another forum that he will no longer offer rifle hunts for hogs after January 1. (Archery only for hogs and shotgun for quail.) That's a bummer because we had such a ball there last year. Does anyone have any other ideas, or would some of you like me to check out other options?

I know T-bone would be happy with an archery hunt.

I read that too. What a bummer. I was looking forward to another hunt at Choppers place. i wonder why the change? Maybe we could look at Fort Tejon, sounds like the guys at "the other site"like hunting hogs there.

Hey cali I will be in san franciso for a week around the first of the month in January, is there any where with in a couple hundred miles to pig hunt there?

The wife has a work meeting and I get to go for the cost of an airline ticket:D

Plus she will be busy with work stuff every day.....

How far from san fran are you?

later
Jason

HEY Shingle monkey.. Keep me informed !!! My Mid life crisis might start the first week of JAN ;)

Jason:

The Central Valley between SF and LA is loaded with hogs. Years ago, Randolph Hearst, Patty's father or grandfather, imported/released a butt-load of wild boar and they've gone nuts from what I've read. Should be pretty easy to do a search and find an outfitter or someplace where you can pay a trespass fee.... good luck.

I'll help out however I can.... I'm envious. Not to mention smitten with your boyish good looks!

Well, there's the ram hunt option. I put some pictures at
http://community.webshots.com/album/55737203pAkIvs

We could add something to that even if those blackbuck does could be hunted or the exotic does I found last year.

The ram and a doe, would be cheaper than many hog hunts if people wanted to do that. They could be hunted with any weapon, like pistol, bow, rifle, muzzleloader.

What changed things with Chopper? Was it the last group of hunters that misfired?

That was a great hunt we went on. I'd prefer to stick one with the bow, but it was comforting to pick up the rifle and increase my chances on the last evening!

I have had 3 close calls with rifles. The last one was the "straw" as they say. I think by going Archery only, I will increase my hog population and lessen some other things.

I am only 90 miles from San Francisco, if you have a bow!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-24-2002 10:06: Message edited by: bigtusker ]</font>

Hay Bigtusker I would like to talk to you about a archery hunt. I would like to give my son he is 25 a hunt for Christmas that he can take later in the year. You can reach me at [email protected]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back