Spring Migration

R

rwc101

I'm no ornithologist, but I've taken an interest in the wide variety of birds that make their way through the Laramie valley each year. I'm going to try to post pictures of birds I see this spring. We're starting to see some changes now. Don't expect the professional quality photos some here are able to take. Feel free to post your own along with your location.
IMG_0531 (2).JPG

I'm guessing this guy is a year-round resident but still cool to see.

IMG_0537 (2).JPG

Very nice, it's cool to see the different species in full plumage coming back North.

Found thousands of these guys this weekend. Hopefully I got some better shots, but here is one lacking good background. Good courtship flight example though.
49688570646_db85b4c1a8_3k.jpg

Found thousands of these guys this weekend. Hopefully I got some better shots, but here is one lacking good background. Good courtship flight example though.
49688570646_db85b4c1a8_3k.jpg
Man, I wish there was more of them around here. I'm not sure what is higher on my list to hunt cinammon teal or pintail.

I remember when pintails were 10 point birds. At least they’re easy to identify in flight.

Just now able to look at this on a full-sized screen. If I managed to pull off a photo like that I'd have it hanging on my wall tomorrow.

Spotted these jerks showing off their jewelry in Chicago yesterday.

Attachments

• 20200326_132112.jpg
    20200326_132112.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
Back