Spring Migration

rwc101

I'm no ornithologist, but I've taken an interest in the wide variety of birds that make their way through the Laramie valley each year. I'm going to try to post pictures of birds I see this spring. We're starting to see some changes now. Don't expect the professional quality photos some here are able to take. Feel free to post your own along with your location.
IMG_0531 (2).JPG

I'm guessing this guy is a year-round resident but still cool to see.

IMG_0537 (2).JPG

nick87

Found thousands of these guys this weekend. Hopefully I got some better shots, but here is one lacking good background. Good courtship flight example though.
Man, I wish there was more of them around here. I'm not sure what is higher on my list to hunt cinammon teal or pintail.

choc dogs

I remember when pintails were 10 point birds. At least they’re easy to identify in flight.

rwc101

Found thousands of these guys this weekend. Hopefully I got some better shots, but here is one lacking good background. Good courtship flight example though.
Just now able to look at this on a full-sized screen. If I managed to pull off a photo like that I'd have it hanging on my wall tomorrow.

Zootownelk

These were taken in Iowa last week. Not seeing quite as many birds or the variety as last year. Not sure if they are still coming or have already passed, but I love seeing all the birds in full plumage this time of year.

DSC_2626.jpgDSC_2628.jpgDSC_2667.jpgDSC_2776.jpgDSC_2779.jpgDSC_2843.jpgDSC_2870.jpgDSC_2928.jpgDSC_3044.jpgDSC_3072.jpgDSC_3084.jpg

Last edited: