Spring is here...What is everyone doing?

Ovis,

You sure you want a wetsuit? I can't stand them in a raft. They are tolerable in a Kayak, but in a raft, they are just too much. I get by pretty good with Dry pants and a dry top over fleece.

Did the Middle Fork Salmon with snow on the ground, and more coming down, and I was ok, for the most part.

Think about it befor you order. Once June hits, you will likely not wear a wetsuit in Idaho. AK would be different.

Also, FYI, the first Saturday in May is the Idaho Whitewater Association's annual Swap meet at Hyde Park in Boise. You can pick up great deals on equipment/clothes.

Ovis.

Yes I will be fishing working fishing and working,
matter of fact April and I are leaving for lake mojave (next to laughlin) for 5 days. I think its the first time anywhere since the baby(sheeesh 3 year old) was born.
I have a won bass Pro- Am there sat and sunday so I will be checking out the lake thursday friday to hopefully find fish. April will be Either SLeeping Gambling or eating for those 5 days. I am going to try to get her on the water thursday and friday for a nice boat ride and hopefully see some desert bighorns.

Then after that if everything works out next month I am going to ca for everstart pro-ams and same in may. so yeah its going to be lots of fishing.

Delw

Sounds like a bunch of fishing and bird hunting.

There is a purpose behind all of this madness. Of course the boatman's course/river rescue and running water will serve a multifunctional role. I'll be able to (hopefully) get the family out on the river, do some salmon/trout/steelhead fishing and the biggy...float hunt for moose, sheep, and caribou. I think this is about the best $30 spent in a very long time.

I went ahead and made the purchase on the equipment Gunner. I'm sure your correct about not needing the suit come June, but for the meantime, I think it is justifiable, as we aren't just paddling, but also flipping boats, swimming rapids, and simulating rescues. The water is too cold for my blood without it.

Speaking of swimming rapids, I asked about the one I swam Sunday, turns out it was a no-named rapid. I'll likely be back out there Saturday and Sunday.

I'll be in Boise tomorrow from 5 a.m. (dropping the girls off at the airport) until 2 p.m. (picking one of my troops up from the airport), so I have to find something to do to keep me content for 7 hours. I'll most likely swing by and see the assistant A.G. at IDF&G tomorrow, other than that I'll just be goofing off until later that night when I should be seeing you at Oscar's house.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back