Spring grizzly

I'm sorta bummed for you as I know I would be after putting in the effort/$$, but it sounds like an amazing experience. As T Bone stated, the attitude is great and I think a positive mental attitude is an often overlooked critical component of the regularly "successful" hunter.

I would feel sorry for you but I just saw your sheep post, a nice bear post would have made me even more jealous:D Looks like a great adventure anyway.

I am bummed for you, AD. But, if anyone can make silk out of a sows ear, it is you. You always seem to make the best of everything, regardless of the outcome. You will get them next time. There will be a next time, right?

I always say that the hunting is always great, sometimes the shooting and killing isnt.
Great to see you had a good time.

Glad you have such a great attitude, looks like awesome country and that you enjoyed your hunt immensely, congrats!

I've been there before and know it's dissapointing when it doesn't come together but you've got it figured out to realize it's not totally about killing something. For me it's the anticipation of the trip and then just enjoying every day out there knowing that alot of people will never have the opportunity. Went twice and got blanked before getting my bear on the third trip. Just made it that much sweeter and definately made me appreciate it more. As you know you won't do any better then hunting with Jake. He'll get you your bear next year, weather permitting!

Back