Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Spring Chinook!

OregonTK

Brother and I caught one and lost one today. Here's my brother with about a 14 lber he landed. Best eating fish there is!!!

Nicely done OregonTK. The springs are already showing up this early. Have you heard of this years projections for the Columbia?

Fire up the grill.

I'm not much of a fish eater, but chrome springers are excellent on the table.

My best day ever on for salmon was on the Sandy in early April. Small fish, but dynamite. The bite never ended that day. The next day was dead.

Nicely done OregonTK. The springs are already showing up this early. Have you heard of this years projections for the Columbia?

Not sure what they're calling for for the upriver fish? I know they're talking about closing it already in the lower river for sport fisherman. I'm sure the indian nets will get their quota!

Yep Joe, we're trolling cut plug herring going downhill.

We caught a hawg 18-20 # native first thing this morning...and had to release it. A short time later this 16# keeper jumped on my brothers hooks.

My favorite way to cook spring chinook...alder plank on the grill. :hump:

Not sure what they're calling for for the upriver fish? I know they're talking about closing it already in the lower river for sport fisherman. I'm sure the indian nets will get their quota!

Sure would be nice to get shot at some of the upriver brights one of these years. They are opening the rivers in Idaho, but I would prefer to get them when they are in the upper Columbia and still in prime condition. You are correct that there is no better salmon than a Columbia River Spring Salmon.

Any hassles from the sea lions? They showed up by the 205 bridge a couple of weeks ago and we hear them day and night near downtown Vancouver.

No, we just fish in the channel by Sauvie Island and they don't harass us.

Pretty slow day on the river...but at 11:30am I got a bite and this tasty 13# buck was persuaded to come home with us. :)

Congrats! Our springers are bigger and better ( I can say that since they are my babies :)) but I am sure envious of you guys right now. We are still a month out at least....

Congrats! Our springers are bigger and better ( I can say that since they are my babies :)) but I am sure envious of you guys right now. We are still a month out at least....

Gotta get the fishing done now...turkey and bear season will be here soon. Have a Chesnimnus bear tag Joe.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back