MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Spring Bear 2023

I’m hoping to head out this year but not holding my breath. Got a lot of projects to get done this spring and summer

Went through some country I'm hoping to hunt this year. Holy white..... with more coming. Looks like it'll be a mid to late may timeframe hopefully
The way things are looking I wouldn’t be able to get into the country I normally go before season ends anyways. Not sure why north of the interstate closes earlier

I was lucky and drew again for this spring. Also received my age card back for my boar I killed last spring! 2022 Fall Bear Age Card (edited).jpgI'm starting to get the urge to get out and find another spring bear and some turkeys for sure :) !
Now if this darn snow will stop.

Attachments

• 2022 OR Spring Bear.jpg
    2022 OR Spring Bear.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I was stationed in Lakeside three years and lived there another year after discharge. Boy I saw lot's of bear's in Montana. But then people talked about bear's in Oregon. Graduated high school in Oregon and have lived here a whole lot of years. Have only seen a few bear's in all those year's and one was caged for people to look at. If I was serous about bear hunting I'd go back to Montana, just have seen more there than anywhere. Lived in Alaska about a year and spent a lot of time out and about, actually lived out and about! Seen some up there but then again nothing like Montana, I do miss Montana. left Montana because I couldn't make much of a living up there.

I was up behind Lake Billy Chinook, near Madras, a few years ago and found some bear tracks, got me to thinking about them again.

Good luck to you up there, that is truly Gods country!

I was lucky and drew again for this spring. Also received my age card back for my boar I killed last spring! View attachment 269672I'm starting to get the urge to get out and find another spring bear and some turkeys for sure :) !
Now if this darn snow will stop.
Adair Village! My first assingment out of Tech School in the Air Force. That big block building is the old Hq's 24th Air Division. Walls were said to be 8' thick and only thing that could damage it was a direct hit. Boy that was a long time ago! 1965 to1967.

My cousin just got his spring bear back after visiting me from the Midwest. His first beat and he was pumped. Super old sow and ultra manly pack out.

View attachment 269596View attachment 269597

I think the gentleman in the background taking the bear photo is having a wardrobe malfunction, seemingly unrelated to John Cena's maneuver. A little googling has indicated that this move is called the "Attitude Adjustment", a variation of the "Death Valley Driver".

1679684204104.png

Last edited:
Back