Spotting scope reviews

Yes, your choice straight or angled, ED or regular glass. I think the angled cost a few bucks more, and the ED glass is about $100 more.

this is the scope i have its a pretty nice Burris 12-24x50mm. It small, compact, really clear, excellent for hunting.

Attachments

• spotting scope.jpg
    spotting scope.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 1,274
Sorry for the confusion, but I was wondering if Danrr could get the Seadler with a straight eyepiece.

I have a lightweight B&L Elite variable that has been very good for the last 10 years. Last couple seasons, I've been borrowing better optics for bear and antelope hunting and although I hated to admit it, there is a huge difference. I just ordered something more spendy than I can afford and probably more heavy that I'd like to backpack around, but I'm thinking I'll be looking through the best optics available. As I get older and fatter, I'd like to do more sitting and glassing, less walking. I have a highcountry mule deer hunt and some antelope hunting I'll be able to test it out on this fall. I'll take a picture of the GMT when the UPS man stops by with my new toy.

Pointer, no they don't. That one is fixed and rigid. It's not proved to be a problem for me yet.. Especially since it only weighs about 14 ounces.

:cool:

I got the GMT Telescope. Google it. That's what I'm using and carrying in my pack. Will take a hell of a tripod. I'll post a picture when it shows up.

Since that European glass is so nice, I was considering the OWL telescope, but that's a little overkill. After all, even with the GMT, the curvature of the earth will be my normal viewing limit while hunting. The GMT will be easier to pack around in the hills than the OWL.

"GMT four-and-one-half times the collecting area of any current optical
telescope and the resolving power of a 25.6-meter (84-foot) diameter
telescope, or 10 times the resolution of the Hubble Space Telescope."

Don't ever shoot at a B&C animal with that thing on your hunt.

I guess its lighter than the 100 ft OWL, like you say, a bit of overkill there.

T Bone -
i'm thinking about gettting that B&L / Bushnell Elite 20-60x80mm ED Glass 45 Deg did you get to look at it?or do any of you know anything about this spotting scope?

I had a nikon waterproof spotter. It was not very good. I sold them for a pair of Doctor optic 15X binos.

GMT arrived recently. With tripod, about 10lbs. I'm young so that didn't bother me. Not only am I young, I'm broke. Even at cost, it was pricey. I'm convinced it's the best spotting scope that money can buy. Been borrowing and trying differnet kinds for a few years and I bought what I felt was the brightest and clearest of all of them. I'll be packing it with the heavy tripod this season on most hunts, including high-country WY deer, Arizona Strip mule deer, Wyoming and Montana pronghorn, Montana deer, Black Bear in Wyoming, and Montana Elk (scouting).

I'm pretty sure this will be looking at several nice animals this fall, shortly before they go to that pretty place in the clouds. :D

I read that a scope called a seeadler is a pretty good scope.Does anyone have one like this one I found? I like the price also.

Joe C

High brightness, excellent resolution, brilliant colors

Strait or 45° view capability

Fixed 20x 30x 40x 50x magnification

Precision superior focusing

SMC- multiple coating

Weather proof, shock proof

Tripod mounting

Attached expandable shade

All metal aircraft aluminum alloy anodized black body

Model
20x 30x 40x 50x 60

Article Number

Magnification (V)
20x 30x 40x 50x

Objective Diameter (mm)(D)

Exit Pupil (mm)(D:V)
3 at 20x

1.2 at 50x

Twilight Performance
34.6 at 20x

54.8 at 50x

Brightness (D:V)2
9 at 20x

1.44 at 50x

Weight (g)

Warranty (years)

Suggested Price (dollars, US)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got a Sportsmans guide buyer club flyer. In it is the Minox 20-45X62mm ED spotter
The price is 499$ Is this a good scope and a good buy?? I have heard a lot about the binos being real nice but nothing on the spotters

I spent some time looking through a Minox ED, it's very impressive, with the ED glass, it's very close to the Swaro or Leica. For $499 it would be a steal, if it comes with the eye piece.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back