Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Had it happen more than once.Until somebody’s earned a gem of a place themselves, then watched it twirl down the toilet from “spot sharing” they’ll never really “get it.”
Pretty similar experience. When it takes forever to draw a tag it's not such a big deal. General or easy to draw tags good luck. Same with easy access bird hunting spots.I've shared info. Only with LE mule deer in a tough to draw unit though. Some of the guys are members here. All I asked is don't come back to elk hunt. Only one guy burned me. Makes me a Hell of a lot more cautious. The other guys were awesome. mtmuley The guy that burned me is not a HTer.
I have 22 deer points in Montana trying to draw the unit. I need to reevaluate. mtmuleyPretty similar experience. When it takes forever to draw a tag it's not such a big deal. General or easy to draw tags good luck. Same with easy access bird hunting spots.
Trying to tell my teenager to stop taking his buddies to his honey hole fishing spot. He'll need to get burned to fully understand.
Sorry about Norris Road.Had it happen more than once.
Rock Creek is still a secret thoughSorry about Norris Road.![]()
For a guy who works construction you sure seem to have thin skin.Kurt, you’re good at killing things- but I can’t say I know you’re a good hunter.
One thing is for certain, though. You were here on HuntTalk before me and your sorry ass will be on HuntTalk LOOOONG after me.
Nick87 you’re the poster child of a yes-man sheep ass, crawl under the table for anyone you think you agree with SOB. And drake, like I said before, you add less to this forum than even I do.night ladies.
I’ve found it easier to just have you stop at the house and grab quarters.I've been burned on some things before, I keep a few general "OK" spots ready to go when trading info, but the "best" spots I don't give specifics on. The main one that comes to mind was big wild trout in MO when I lived there. Still don't really share info on it, and I haven't lived there in a decade.
And for big game? If I see somebody with something, or want advice, I don't ask "Where'd you get that?", but rather a "How the f*** do you find these damn things?" I don't want your honey hole, I want to be able to find my own. I don't have a honey hole- just random ass luck here and there. Usually I hear things like "why'd you go all the way in there? They're right by the road!" Experience has been they are not, in fact, right by the road.
Oh, and I'll take my duck hunting spots with me to the grave.
If I felt like that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be hunting any more, or i'd be doing something way different.Most all of the places I have been going regularly for the last 30 or so years have been completely blown up, so I've just had to accept the reality that hunting in MT is just a footrace now. If I see something a few miles off I just assume I am not the only one trying to get to it.
I agree we need to bring back chode.
Which is very much appreciated. I have lot more experience butchering than hunting, anyways.I’ve found it easier to just have you stop at the house and grab quarters.![]()