Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Speed goats vs match bullets?

130 Berger Vld last year. Did the trick
Will use the same setup if I draw this year

I've shot a few with the AMAX and ELD-M. Zero issues. Pronghorn is one species I wouldn't hesitate to use many of the "match" bullets on. They aren't very large and you usually don't have a need to settle for a hard quartering or less than ideal shot angle if you're patient.

ELD-Ms worked fine this year on antelope buck, and antelope doe. It also did the trick for sure on oryx (a little bit larger goat) :)

180 Bergers on several before I switched to solids, going to Berger 195's this year. Never had a problem with any bullet and Antelope.

I've shot a few with the AMAX and ELD-M. Zero issues. Pronghorn is one species I wouldn't hesitate to use many of the "match" bullets on. They aren't very large and you usually don't have a need to settle for a hard quartering or less than ideal shot angle if you're patient.
I should clarify—I used them at moderate (i.e. 6.5 creedmoor) speeds. I probably wouldn’t try them in a .257 weatherby or the like unless I was certain the shots were going to be pretty far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back