South Dakota Google Earth Layers

CiK

Are there downloadable layers for South Dakota for like other western states? I found their public land layer on their website. Not sure if they have layers out there already for game management boundaries and such.

Thanks!

The app has separate maps to show hunt areas/units. The online map does, too, somehow, but I remember it being tricky

Reactions: CiK
The app has separate maps to show hunt areas/units. The online map does, too, somehow, but I remember it being tricky
I should note that I’m not that tech savvy, so I’m not entirely sure if you could export it. But the info is out there somewhere.

South Dakota has some issues on OnX. They don't have all the private landowners informations in some counties due to the way the counties report their data. You will see the public, private in some counties, but just public in others. Kind of a bummer because some counties are mostly private.

Rich

Any particular area you are looking at?
I have 5 points in Black Hills and 5 points in West River. More than I need for sure for some areas. For West River, I am leaning towards 02C just for the idea of hunting an area with the badlands as a backdrop.

South Dakota has some issues on OnX. They don't have all the private landowners informations in some counties due to the way the counties report their data. You will see the public, private in some counties, but just public in others. Kind of a bummer because some counties are mostly private.

Rich
I'll probably end up drawing lines on OnX and then importing them to Google Earth. Not the best approach, but I have done it before when the data I was looking for didn't exist.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back