South Dakota Archery Deer hunters

Muskeez

Did some of you receive a survey today from the GFP? The first sentence states that archery license sales have gone up "nearly 30%" over the last 10 years. Resident licenses went from 25,100 to 30,530 and Nonresident licenses went from 3,128 to 5,851. My math shows that is a 22.4% increase. they go on in the survey to ask about your perception of number of hunters in the field etc. My beef is that they skewed the numbers and planted the idea of too many hunters in the heads of those that read it by using "nearly 30%" instead of the 22.4% that I came up with. If anyone else shows different numbers and percentages, please advise. Otherwise beware, tag numbers are likely to be limited in the future is my guess. (my math also shows that 19.16% of the current number of tags are nonresidents), about the same as Wyoming??

I got the same email, also one about archery antelope. Was more curious if it was a scam or not. Also figured it'd be a matter of time before archery went to a draw, just from the way they changed the other drawings.

I may stand corrected. If you do the math differently (and possibly correctly) you get 29+%.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ksexton22
Back