Soup/Chili companions

When eating chili and soups what is you're preferred side bread companion?

• Grilled cheese sandwich

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Peanut butter sandwich

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corn bread

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Biscuit

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Plain bread slice

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Depends on the main dish

Votes: 19 29.2%

• Total voters
I been spoiled.
Real chile with elk meat, cornbread. Rice and beans on side. Tortillas work.
Ground elk chile can have beans I've decided. Tortillas work. Same with chile verde.
Soup needs bread. Home made. With real butter.
New England chowder , oyster crackers ...,but saltines in a pinch.

I'll eat biscuits, but rarely make them. They go with thick chicken soup ,pot pies and chicken fried steak with lots of brown gravy.

I eat poor food at restaurants, not at home.

Side bar, PB&J belongs on whole wheat with real apricot preserves. Berry if your out of apricot.
White bread is for catching fish.

Unless it's home made,then real butter.

I’ve made chili in august in Minnesota. So what’s the issue

All this talk of chili. Dammit you sonsa butches, I'm in Florida. Any idea how long I have to wait for the weather to get cold so I can really enjoy some chili. With cornbread or homemade sour dough of course.

And as for the peanut butter Sandy's View attachment 293723
Chili, like a beard, is not seasonal.

Or if you're from the midwest, eat it with cinnamon rolls for some weird reason.

Toppers/garnish are not equivalent to sides. Cheese, oyster crackers, saltines, drop biscuits, etc- not a side. Good to have, but that’s a different discussion. I consider them more condiments than anything. Back to the discussion-

Antelope Chili. Ground, with beans and masa. From scratch using whole dried peppers. Simmered for 6 hours. It gets fresh cornbread as a side.

Chile Colorado— stew chunks, no beans. Fresh tortillas and lime for a side. Or rice.

Chowder (clam, pike, smoked trout)- Homemade bread with salted butter. Sourdough preferred.

Tomato basil bisque? Grilled cheese.

Chile photo for attention.

Attachments

• IMG_0954.jpeg
    IMG_0954.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch