Caribou Gear Tarp

Soup/Chili companions

When eating chili and soups what is you're preferred side bread companion?

• Grilled cheese sandwich

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Peanut butter sandwich

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corn bread

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Biscuit

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Plain bread slice

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Depends on the main dish

Votes: 19 29.2%

• Total voters
For chili I favor cornbread unless having it for breakfast when I like tortillas and scrambled eggs. Generally I like cornbread for dark broth and hoecake for light.

Hoecake is 1 part Crisco, 2 parts buttermilk, 4 parts self rising flour. It's a lot like biscuit but much quicker and you can vary the ingredients to mosy any form of those basics as long as you observe the ratios.

Chili and corn bread or saltines

Tomato soup and grilled cheese

Baking powder biscuits with just about anything else.

You’re a heathen if you don’t serve New England clam chowder with oyster crackers. Manhattan clam chowder needs a grilled cheese sandwich though.

I’ve got chili on the stove for a Bobcat football watch get together tonight. Will have cornbread and some chili-cheese Fritos as sides. For the rest I usually just eat soup with a few saltines.

I actually made my first pot of “TX” chili last year. I’m not fully converted yet but I ain’t mad at it, especially with some good cornbread!
Had some 'chili' in Hotchkiss, CO last elk hunt. It was lightly seasoned ground beef with tomato sauce, no taste trace of cumin or garlic, and a can of Ranch Style beans poured in...actually wasn't horrible but I was pretty hungry.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back