Sons First Hunt?

I am another voter for squirrel. You can do some "stalking" in the woods, start acquiring "hunting eyes" and cover some ground. Also, I would suggest starting with a shotgun and then after having a little success moving to a 22 or 17HMR to start practicing some more precise shooting with a purpose.

An outfitter and I put together a hunt specifically for kids that age to introduce them to hunting and show them a real good time. It was an elaborate ordeal, as I did it as a guide would and took them on an antelope hunt with a tent camp with all the conveniences of a wall tent. The result was fantastic and the kids left with a memory to last a lifetime.

Antelope are easy to find and relatively easy to hunt, that is why I chose to do that. Giving a young person an experience that makes them want to do it again is the secret to success. I also realized that an outfitted hunt like that was time consuming and doesn’t reach many kids.

The secret to success is to expose the kid to an experience that makes them want to do it again. To me it sounds like you have the perfect scenario at your fingertips with the turkeys. I would build up his enthusiasm before the hunt and get his juices flowing so that he was excited to get out and hunt turkeys. Showing enthusiasm yourself is infectious and he should respond accordingly.

If he doesn’t want to hunt turkeys, call me and I’ll go...696AD26D-C4D6-450B-88CD-5E443B7F3AD0.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back