Sometimes.......

Nemont

.... it isn't the size of the buck but the depth of the experience. My little man and I hiked into an area that is shut off to off trail travel. We hiked in and set up.

At first light we start seeing deer and one really nice buck. Can't seal the deal on him. We find another buck, nothing big but we sneak in to about 60 yds. I give the little man the option if he wants me to take the deer or not. He looks it over says yeah let's fill the tag.

So I take the buck.

No monster muley
PB110418.jpg

The little man helps by carrying the rack.
PB110420.jpg

I end up with all meat in my pack and let me tell you if a 275 lbs desk jockey can pack out 65 lbs of meat anybody can.
PB110421.jpg

This pic show us at the bottom of a coulee if you look up and to the left that is the pickup we have to get to. :(

PB110423.jpg

Anyway regardless of the size of the buck we had a great time, the little man had the funniest line of the day. When we were leaving a group of road hunters passed us with beers in each hand, the little man says, " We had alot more fun that those guys just driving around drinking beer".

Nemont

Sweet looking buck Nemont. Congrats to you and the little guy.

In about 10 years, the K-man is gonna be thinking the driving around and drinking beers is more fun, but until then, enjoy the good times with him. That was a nice buck to be able to include him on.

Congratulations on a nice buck and a good day hunting.

Alright Nemo and son....great hunt and pics......looks like great country. :)

Hey there is something to be said about takein' the boy and getnerdun. That's a trophy he will never forget. Good shit!!!!

Nice hunt Nemont and glad you had the lil one with you at the time. You mentioned the area is shut off to off trail travel. Were the road hunters in thewre illeagally?

Way to go... The memory is worth more than that the rack every time with me! One of my fondest memories was a forky I shot about 3 miles from the truck, not sure what we were thinking but we weren’t... I'm not sure I've ever worked that hard for a deer before.

Thanks for posting the pictures, and congrats

NIIICCCEE story and pics. Sounds like a great hunt and great memories for both you and your son. Just think, in a few years you can carry out the rack and throw the meat on his back. :D

Good to see there is still some good duct tape country over there. I noticed the shed roll in the second picture. ;) :D

Thats great... I am all for the experience over the size of the animal, and this is one of those that one wouldn't want to miss for the world... Great job and story... :)

I guess I'll say it again over here.....Good Job, man I'm sure you guys had a lot of fun. Can't wait till my little guy is a little older.....still take him with me now at 3, but will only get better I'm sure. Congrats again.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back