Sometimes they bite back

Calif. Hunter

211mgzr.jpg

For the story, see "My buddy just got back"

Wow! So the story was true?!!! :D

Cool photo and story since everything turned out okay. Are there any photos of the Dr. visit?

The cat weighed about 160 pounds. Jorge weighes in at about 230. The shot in the mid-section of the cat is the one the PH put in it as it was airborne, heading fro Jorge. You can see Jorge's shot was a little forward in the sholder, but at least it slowed the cat down a bit.

Nope - no photos of the doctor's visit. Jorge said several times that he would rather face the cat again than that doctor and his tongue depressors.

Coincidently, Jorge called right after I posted this. He said he still has no feeling in part of his calf and knee. His doctor has told him that is a result of nerve damage from the bites and that feeling should return in a while.

Excellent bosses! Your bud had a great hunt!
Enlighten me, please, if you know yet. Why the follow up on the Leopard in the dark with a flashlight? Why not wait til next morning at daylight?? Hyenas? Thought he would be found dead? Concession bdy nearby?? I would really like to know why a cat follow up was done in dark! I presume they were in an area that allowed spots to shoot which is completely legal in many locations....mine was a natural light only area....took me two trips and 28 days of baiting.

If I am not mistaken, I think some PH's prefer to follow the wounded cats at night with lights, because they can see their eyes glowing...... Easier to spot them before they make a run at you.... Apparently sometimes that doesn't always work out as planned.

Elkwhisper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back