Caribou Gear Tarp

Sometimes I amaze myself..... NOT!!

schmalts

Well, i decided to take a bike from work this weekend to use to ride up to my hunting shack. I grabbed a V-rod and stuffed a change of clothes in a back pack and off i went friday afternoon. Did some work saterday, and this AM got up early to ride home to get home early to get some stuff done there as well. It was cold.... like 44 degrees and i wasn't dressed for it at all. so about an hour and a half into the 3 hour trip i decided to stop, warm up, get some food and refuel. I get to McD's and scarf down a couple breakfast burritos and shake the chill off. I get back outside, suit up into the riding gear and turn on the ignition switch and the security system starts flashing the turn signals meaning it is armed and will not start the bike. Thats when i got a bad feeling.... that i left the key in the ignition when i left in the AM and it fell out on the road someplace:eek: . See, with the new bikes they have a key FOB with a microchip that needs to be in close proximity of the bike to disarm, so once the ignition is unlocked all you really need is to have the key in your pocket and it will keep the security from disabling the bike. Well guess what, once i shut the bike off and the key was someplace in the past 100 miles down the road i was screwed|oo I asked the owner if i could hide the bike in the dumpster corral to keep it safe.
My wife was not too happy when i told her she had to come and get me.
Now i have to go through the embarrassing harrassment when i tell my co-workers i need someone to take me back up there riding bitch so we can recover the bike with a backup key or a laptop to disable the damn security system.
Yea, it should be a fun morning for me.... but hey, its supposed to warm up:D

I haven't armed my "06 in so long that I'd need to read the manual again to do it.

I do like the Vrod though. My wife's cousins' husband got a silver one the first year they came out. Great looking bike.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gagrimes1
Back