Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Something I learned this past Saturday

Nemont

I learned that even a juvenile tundra swan is almost as big as an 8 yearold kid.

PA210227.jpg

PA210231.jpg

We found a good spot that held a lot of swans. We decided to pass shoot them. Four come directly over us and I pick one out, shoot and hit it square in the melon. Let me tell you when a swan drops out of the sky, that is a lot of bird coming down. Go recover the bird and it was a juvie :( . Felt bad but I guess live and learn. Next year I will be a lot more careful.

Nemont

Nice bird Nemont, doesn't matter if it is a juvenile or not. I will be chasing one down this weekend as long as things dont freeze up first.

I would love to hang one from the ceiling, but they ain't cheap. Good thing I am only killing little guys that won't make the wall so far. :eek:

Congrats Nemont...and you're right...those things make one hell of a "thud" when they hit the ground.

Went out this morning to jump some sloughs around here ducks and geese and they were mostly frozen over. The ones that were open had nothing but swans on them.
We can't shoot them so we'll let them come your way.
DSC00001.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

JoseCuervo said:
Hey Nemont,

Congrats. How do those swans eat? 'Bout like a goose?

Don't know how they eat yet. I will tell you in couple of days. I have heard these younger ones are edible.

Nemont

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbonser94
Back