PEAX Equipment

Social Distancing

FLS

I was avoiding human contact this morning in the turkey woods. Classic hunt. Birds gobbled from the roost, flew down and strutted all the way in and I bang flopped him with a load of #7 TSS at about 25 yards. Had two more with him, but since the SCDNR changed our seasons and limits, we only get one bird in March. His two amigos will have to wait till April.
EA18B5A8-D535-4949-AB0A-C814862CABE2.jpeg

Let's revive the social distancing stuff. What's everyone doing for the time being as far as hunting and fishing? Going solo? Still going with buddies? Driving separately to the trailhead? Staying local? Still traveling to hunt/fish? Curious what the sentiment is. I know people who are traveling multiple hours to hunt and fish and have invited me along, but quite honestly I'm not sure it's the right move at this point. Especially getting in a car with someone I don't live with.

Let's revive the social distancing stuff. What's everyone doing for the time being as far as hunting and fishing? Going solo? Still going with buddies? Driving separately to the trailhead? Staying local? Still traveling to hunt/fish? Curious what the sentiment is. I know people who are traveling multiple hours to hunt and fish and have invited me along, but quite honestly I'm not sure it's the right move at this point. Especially getting in a car with someone I don't live with.

Yes. I am still hunting and fishing, but as a dad of 4 little dudes my time away from the house is super limited. We also live on some property and have enough work to do here.

With that said, I have 2 turkey tags in my pocket and plan to fill them both. I did sync up with my nephew last weekend and we drove together. He has always worked from home and they have been practicing social distancing and for the most part quarantining themselves. I felt less of a risk hunting with him then I do grabbing mail from the mailbox or a box off my porch. We brought our food with us, went to a county with 0 COVID 19 cases, and when I stopped for gas that is all I did. I sanitize with wipes and rinsed with hand sanitizer right after I fill up.

If you have a good reliable vehicle I do not understand the issue with distance to hunt. Maybe bring a couple gas cans so you dont have to stop for gas??

Going to the grocery store or picking up pizza on Friday is higher risk.

58E5427B-C770-4117-B15F-DF38660C9C11.jpeg

Youngest son shot this one with a spare parts 870 this morning. He called him in and shot him at 7 yards. This is the first turkey he has killed by himself. He has turkey hunted with me since he could walk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back