Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

So! You want to draw a tag in Arizona, do you??

danr55

A record 205,801 applicants applied online for big game hunts A record 205,801 applicants applied online for the fall big game hunts, eclipsing last year's record number by almost 40,000.
Last year there were 168,676 applicants applying via the Internet,which was also a record. The Arizona Game and Fish Department began accepting online applications three years ago.
This year the department also received a record low 42,087 paper applications for the available hunt-permit tags. Last year, there were 75,815 paper applications submitted either via mail to the Game and Fish Department headquarters or in person to the seven department offices in the state. Keep in mind that up to four people can apply with a single application. "We cannot determine how many people are represented by the paper applications until all applications are processed," says drawing supervisor Jan Maguire. "Obviously, the number of paper applications has diminished significantly."

:cool:

Big Deal! Like any of us residents will draw a tag, let alone the nonres'. Good Luck to all! I'm only trying for muz since I normally have to hunt out of state!

You gotta love the interest though. More $$ for our strapped Game and Fish!

Did you put in for the draw, Dan?

Sounds like they need to figure a way to grow more elk...

I did apply for tags this year. I put in for deer, elk, antelope, buffalo, and sheep. I will probably draw coyote, squirrel, prairrie dog, and raccoon. Just like last year.

According to a friend who works at G&F, there were over 50,000 applications filed on line the last two days. They had to extend the application period because the computer overloaded. Another comment that I found interesting was that there are an increasing number of surveys being returned indicating that 0 days were hunted. Also an increasing number of surveys not being returned. It has been suggested that the G&F require the full application fee with the on line application to reduce the number of applications submitted by non/anti hunters. It will also raise some $$ for the interest on the money held. No reading on whether the record keeping and return fees for something like that would exceed the cost of the interest gained.

That was game and fishes biggest mistake letting anyone put in for $5.00.
I wish they would make it so you had to send the full fee in with every application, or at least make it where NON res has to pay full application fees to get into the drawing.

We talked about it briefly at a roundtable fisheries meeting. I was saying that they will loose alot of money because of not chargeing full fees in interest alone. According to game and fish there number crunchers said they will make more. and guess what they did due to more pople putting in.

I know guys that used to put in only for deer cause thats all they could afford. now there whole freaking family puts in for tags and they put in for everything not just deer.

I also no guys out of state that put in now because its so cheap and they hadnt before.

Delw

Not if I want the Preference Points, so that SOME day in the far, far away, I may actually draw the tags..

By the way, you got a spare bedroom and a place to graze the horses by your pool??

I will drawing my sheep tag after 23 years, and my 3rd antelope tag, then my 13a deer tag, I will draw a elk tag as well but will give it to my daughter.

I think I will have another drink ;)

Delw

I could kick april out of the bedroom for a horse if need be ;)

dont have a pool either or an extra bedroom whish I did cause I would be sleeping in it, the garage has a noise problem

Delw

Keep the horse at Dels house, swim at my house! The house"cooling" party should be sometime in September. If you didn't know, we had a major house fire. All is good and getting fixed by "Nightcrawler" and company. Life is good and getting better every day!

Come on down! Just don't talk politics, or I may have to invite paws! LOL! Oops! Shouldn't have opened that can!

1. Arizona Elk hunt is a Guarentee if you draw...
2. Spending 2 hundrend Some odd bucks a Year for umteen years...
3. Hunt a Game ranch, Same results

Elkgunner

the az bonus point system doesnt work like people think. the only thing you do is get extra drawing chances. it took me over 20 years for a freaking elk tag. basically your not guarenteed a permit no mater how many points you have.

Oscar elk hunting in az is just like shooting elk on a game ranch. youd have to be blind not to get an elk in AZ( a big one is a different story). just like shooting cattle in a pen is what I sum up az elk hunting to.
we have roads freaking everywher the ground is flat and the weather is next to perfect.
Hell 90% of my hunting in az is in tennis shoes all year long. Very rarely where a heavy jacket also. That hunttalk jacket is pretty much good all year long here.

Delw

Dang it Dan, everytime I start thinking I have a chance to draw in AZ., somebody comes along and brusts my bubbel.

Unlike Del, I've had very fortunate. I've had three tags in 12 years. He's right about one thing though.. You'd have to be blind to be in the woods and not see elk in Ariozna.

Gunner,, with 4 points and a dollar, you can get a cup of coffee in unit 10. Seems 8, 9 and 10 have become very popular in recent years. Almost impossible to draw a tag up there anymore..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back