PEAX Equipment

So. Fl. charter fishing

VAspeedgoat

Hey guys, I've got the family on our first trip to disney and then the Everglades and the Keys. I would like to take the boys out fishing in the ocean, (ages 7 and 10 ) somewhere in south florida while we are there. We will be camping on Key Largo but going north to Ft Lauderdale. There are plenty of charters to choose from but I was hoping someone would have an opinion on who to go with or stay away from. Thanks.

I went out in May from Cocoa beach.Had an awesome trip and got 7 mahi,wahoo,and shark in the gulf stream trolling.May is a great time for that area.In the keys the fishing is good earlier,and shorter boat ride as the gulf stream comes close to land there.Summer time fishing in not great compared to spring;at least out of port Canaveral.I want to get back down next May again as I take the kids every year.I leave in 2 weeks for this years trip and my nieces boyfriend will take us out inshore for redfish and snook.He's been getting a lot of BIG snook lately.Always tons of sharks around for your kids to have fun with.In fact, most kids would rather get the sharks and theres a lot of night trip available for them.For the best eating fish go offshore in the gulf stream and expect to pay 800-$1000 for 8 hr trip

Just south of Key Largo is Islamorada which has a Sportsmans/Basspro. They can make recommendations on charters or you look at bud and Mary's marina for fishing reports and recommendations as well as Florida Sportsman forum. One of the local keys radio shows does a daily fishing report and they actually name what charters are on what bite.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back