Caribou Gear Tarp

Snowy Range in Wyoming Elk Tips

Kaycee Ranch

Howdy, I am heading on a hunt up in the Snowies the second week of October, I've been scouting for a week or so and haven't had much luck patterning or even finding any elk. So I am wondering if there's any tips or advice that could help me in just finding some, like just general elevation or north/south end of the range. Anything would be greatly appreciated.

I have hunted the snowy range a lot. There are a bunch of elk and I have always had lots of luck. In fact...I got my elk every year and usually the first day. The elk like clearcut areas and areas that are closed to vehicle traffic. Find spots that are 1 mile from any roads and/or are closed and you will find elk. I will tell you that not every mile is equal. There are closed logging and fire roads that will allow you to travel very easy compared to Bush whacking.

Best of luck.

Elk are there but it's been hot. You'll find some come October. Get away from the roads, doesn't have to be miles, and let others push elk to you. You can find them in some deep draws as well.

Back