Caribou Gear

Snowy Mountain Rifles for cerakote

mthillrunner

I have a rifle I am wanting to get cerakoted. Snowy Mountain Rifles is listed as an applicator in Hamilton. I live in Missoula and would rather not ship it. Does anyone have any experience with them good or bad? It’s a sentimental rifle so I’m wanting it done well. If experience was negative feel free to pm me. Thanks.

Snowy Mountain builds some awesome rifles and are top notch guys. I’d trust them to cerakote a rifle no problem.

I have a rifle I am wanting to get cerakoted. Snowy Mountain Rifles is listed as an applicator in Hamilton. I live in Missoula and would rather not ship it. Does anyone have any experience with them good or bad? It’s a sentimental rifle so I’m wanting it done well. If experience was negative feel free to pm me. Thanks.
If you want a real life reccomendation, call Coffin Gunsmithing in Victor. mtmuley

Do you know the new owner since the move to Hamilton? mtmuley
I do not but I have seen their rifles in person and they were very well built. That was the old owners though so I guess the new one could build bad rifles.

Also I’m pretty sure to be a listed applicator of cerakote you have to have taken their training class.

I do not but I have seen their rifles in person and they were very well built. That was the old owners though so I guess the new one could build bad rifles.

Also I’m pretty sure to be a listed applicator of cerakote you have to have taken their training class.
I agree. Nice rifles from the previous company. One of their smith's recently left the Hamilton shop to set up on his own. mtmuley

Had them cerakote two of my rifles when they were in Missoula. They turned out good with no issues. Can’t speak to any of the changes since the move or changeover.

There was no cerakote involved, but I’ve dealt with them twice under the new management.

-The first was when they put a semi-custom rifle together for a family member. They did a great job and it shoots great, but they exceeded the build time quoted by a loooong time. Though they threaded and fit a muzzle break for no additional cost to make up for it.

-The second was to install a picatinny rail on a rifle that required milling a back piece to fit in the hollow grooves under the barrel channel so the rail bolts had something to grab. They did it quick, and it was done well for a reasonable price. So no complaints.

All in all, company wise (again, no cerakote work done) they were pretty easy to deal with and did good work, but I won’t trust the given timeline again.

Back