Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Snow Goose season!!!!

ruger243223

Well we had a great 4 days of snow goose hunting. We killed 117 on wednesday and 85 on thursday and 125 on Friday. Hope you all enjoy, my guys from WI had a great time and shot alot of geese. HAPPY HUNTING

Attachments

• 2010 snows 001.jpg
    2010 snows 001.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 264
  • 2010 snows 003.jpg
    2010 snows 003.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 276
  • 2010 snows 008.jpg
    2010 snows 008.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 293
Wow, who is in charge of eating those things? That is a pile of skycarp. Congrats.

That is a pile of geese! That had to be fun.

Wow, who is in charge of eating those things? That is a pile of skycarp. Congrats.

They are actually pretty good if you fillet the breast meat and grind them into hamburger. I have never came close to those numbers but after so many you have to figure out how to eat them. BTW, hamburger (or gooseburger) steak with fried onions is delicious!

Holy Goose !! That sounds like a blast...;)... Congrats !!

Ever try mixing the Goose hamburger with pork and making sausage ?? I haven't, but just a thought ....

Thanks for sharing the pics !!

Wow...How are you going to get that smell out of the truck...hahaha

I'm quessing most of the snows are now in the Dakotas as there was a pretty constant stream of them flying over interstate 90 as I was driving through South Dakota today.However, my son started his spring break on Friday afternoon and he hasen't made it home yet so there must still be a few left in Iowa.

Looks like fun Ruger. Decoys, jump shooting or pass shooting?

A couple of my Nodak buddies just assembled 40 dozen fullbodies for spring snowgoose hunting. I really wish I had time to go back and hunt over that spread (that also has 1,000+ sillosock/deadly decoys).

As far as mixing it with pork and making sausage, it turns out very well. One's gotta be careful though to make sure to get all of the shot out because steel bb's are hell on grinder blades. I like spicy sausages made with my goose; chorizo, jalapeno cheddar, etc.

I don't decoy as you can't shoot as many birds when you decoy and it doesn't work around here anyways. There were alot of folks decoying and they didn't shoot a single bird. We jump shoot, we try to find the geese in fields where we have some contour to get too them, and also we pass shoot. It's alot more work than decoying but we shoot alot more birds also. HAPPY HUNTING

Ruger, thanks for the updates. Can you recommend someone to contact for us out of state folks to plan a hunt with for 2011? Don't know the trespass laws etc for Nebraska, is it even possible for an OYO guy to jumpshoot them?

sent you a pm, going to give it a try again in the morning as I have a couple friends coming in from KS to do some hunting. There aren't as many here so it is going to be alot of luck involved as the numbers are down now and the geese are a bit spooky, but we will get some shooting in. HAPPY HUNTING

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back